1 reply to this topic

#1 Oscar Arredondo

Oscar Arredondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hello KWA Forums,

I wanted to pop in her and question about the future of the ERG system, the 3GX Gearbox, as well as the AKR that has been up on the products page for a while.

I had a recent experience using a RM4 Scout and it was fantastic. Due to the PTS shutdown I heard that it was getting discontinued and that there was a possibility that there would be another M4 system that would be coming out without the Magpul furniture on it. I was curious as to how much reason there would be behind a claim such as this.

Additionally, I'm mostly an AK person so when I heard the ERG system was going to be put to use in an AK I was extremely pleased. However I haven't heard any information released on it after the beginning of 2012. At the end of 2013, and no new information.

So KWA, please, restore my faith that the ERG will not die.

Thank you for any information!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostOscar Arredondo, on 05 December 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Hello KWA Forums,

I wanted to pop in her and question about the future of the ERG system, the 3GX Gearbox, as well as the AKR that has been up on the products page for a while.

I had a recent experience using a RM4 Scout and it was fantastic. Due to the PTS shutdown I heard that it was getting discontinued and that there was a possibility that there would be another M4 system that would be coming out without the Magpul furniture on it. I was curious as to how much reason there would be behind a claim such as this.

Additionally, I'm mostly an AK person so when I heard the ERG system was going to be put to use in an AK I was extremely pleased. However I haven't heard any information released on it after the beginning of 2012. At the end of 2013, and no new information.

So KWA, please, restore my faith that the ERG will not die.

Thank you for any information!
Hi Oscar - Welcome to the KWA forums.  There are still RM4's in stock if you would like to purchase one.

Regarding the Magpul version of the RM4, PTS is not "shut down".  Magpul simply is not allowing their products to be manufactured and distributed for the airsoft market. Therefore, without a licensing agreement, PTS will not be able to distribute the RM4 in the future as a Magpul variant.  That said there is nothing stopping KWA from producing a non-PTS/Magpul version when the time comes.  I think it's safe to say that that KWA's ERG system is not going away.  That said future versions that will be available are not announced or perhaps even decided upon at this time.

Regarding the AKR, stay tuned and perhaps we will have an update from Shot Show.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AKR, ERG, RM4, 3GX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users