• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thestig

thestig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

I would like to begin with that this is my first and hopefully it wont be my last kwa purchase.

I purchased the ATP NS2 about a month ago, for a few weeks it worked fine then it started acting up,

First the slide would sometimes lock in the back position and the slide release button wouldnt release it.

Then, i would shoot like 5-6 rounds and then the magazine would expell all the gas through the barrel.

Now  the slide doesnt lock when the magazine is empty and keeps dry firing.

Lastly, the slide gets stuck as seen in the video below:
https://www.youtube....h?v=V1if3WdkIpQ

What is going on. Please help

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi thestig - I must assume by the screen name that you a re a Top Gear fan? Regardless, welcome to the KWA forums.  Let's see if we can help you out.  The series of issues you describe are most likely from several different causes.  I have cut and pasted your post so that I can ask questions or address the issues more effectively.

I purchased the ATP NS2 about a month ago, for a few weeks it worked fine then it started acting up, - Where did you purchase the gun and was it previously owned?

First the slide would sometimes lock in the back position and the slide release button wouldnt release it. - Was the slide completely back and locked or was it jammed?  If jammed, which is what it sounds like, then my guess is the rubber recoil buffer part #36 was not seated properly.  This is easily fixed by gluing it back in.

Then, i would shoot like 5-6 rounds and then the magazine would expell all the gas through the barrel. Any number of reasons here from the impact block #18 being worn to a bent trigger reset bar #43. An almost empty mag will also dump gas and this would be because the can of gas being used to fill the mag is almost empty.  If you have a new can of green gas I would try this once we get your slide in stuck

Now  the slide doesnt lock when the magazine is empty and keeps dry firing. This is typically caused by a damaged BB follower.  If the follower is damaged then the slide will not lock back.  This type of damage is caused by allowing the BB follower to shoot up to the top of the mag without BBs in the mag.  Not difficult to fix at all.

Lastly, the stuck slide is most likely the recoil buffer I referred to above #36.  To remove the slide:
  • Remove the mag

• Pull down on the take down lever on the lower receiver below the slide

• As you attempt to push the slide forward, push down on the square top part of the outer barrel at the breach (note: to do this pull the slide slightly back first, push on the back of the outer barrel and then push the slide forward)
Hope this helps you get back on track.

#3 thestig

thestig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postgcw360, on 07 December 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hi thestig - I must assume by the screen name that you a re a Top Gear fan? Regardless, welcome to the KWA forums.  Let's see if we can help you out.  The series of issues you describe are most likely from several different causes.  I have cut and pasted your post so that I can ask questions or address the issues more effectively.

I purchased the ATP NS2 about a month ago, for a few weeks it worked fine then it started acting up, - Where did you purchase the gun and was it previously owned?

First the slide would sometimes lock in the back position and the slide release button wouldnt release it. - Was the slide completely back and locked or was it jammed?  If jammed, which is what it sounds like, then my guess is the rubber recoil buffer part #36 was not seated properly.  This is easily fixed by gluing it back in.

Then, i would shoot like 5-6 rounds and then the magazine would expell all the gas through the barrel. Any number of reasons here from the impact block #18 being worn to a bent trigger reset bar #43. An almost empty mag will also dump gas and this would be because the can of gas being used to fill the mag is almost empty.  If you have a new can of green gas I would try this once we get your slide in stuck

Now  the slide doesnt lock when the magazine is empty and keeps dry firing. This is typically caused by a damaged BB follower.  If the follower is damaged then the slide will not lock back.  This type of damage is caused by allowing the BB follower to shoot up to the top of the mag without BBs in the mag.  Not difficult to fix at all.

Lastly, the stuck slide is most likely the recoil buffer I referred to above #36.  To remove the slide:
  • Remove the mag

• Pull down on the take down lever on the lower receiver below the slide

• As you attempt to push the slide forward, push down on the square top part of the outer barrel at the breach (note: to do this pull the slide slightly back first, push on the back of the outer barrel and then push the slide forward)
Hope this helps you get back on track.

1. this gun was purchased new at ASGI it is a VERSION 2,
The slide has now been unstuck and i upgraded to a guarder metal spring guide/spring. It seems to fit much better than the stock plastic now and the barrel no longer gets stuck.

2. i have 7 mags two of which are brand new and none of them lock when bbs are done, therefore i doubt it is the bb follower. Anything else it could be?

3. Yes, I am a huge fan of top gear. The UK one, not the USA one, the USA one quite honestly is rubbish.

#4 Phillip

Phillip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, fishing, fossils,and pretty much everything else that involves being outside.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

A buddy of mine is having a very similar problem. The slide will jam in place occasionally when cocking, and is extremely difficult to get unstuck. It was stuck for well over 2 years, and I decided to take a look at it and try and fix it. After a lot of pushing on the slide while holding down the takedown lever, I got it to field strip. Everything internally looked fine - I took the gun apart all the way and used the exploded diagram to reassemble it. I also lubed all of the trigger and blowback mechanisms, and the slide itself. Looked like it was gonna work fine, so I loaded it up with green gas and pulled the trigger. It fired one BB, but the slide didn't recoil therefore not cocking the internal hammer (I've always despised internal hammers, and this solidified that hatred) so you have to manually cock it every time you want to fire. Rather annoying if you ask me. I went to field strip the gun again to see if I could find what was wrong... and bam - the slide jammed up again. This proceeded to happen 3 or 4 times before I gave up. It is a version one, and I've heard that version ones had quite a few issues relating to this.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostPhillip, on 23 February 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

A buddy of mine is having a very similar problem. The slide will jam in place occasionally when cocking, and is extremely difficult to get unstuck. It was stuck for well over 2 years, and I decided to take a look at it and try and fix it. After a lot of pushing on the slide while holding down the takedown lever, I got it to field strip. Everything internally looked fine - I took the gun apart all the way and used the exploded diagram to reassemble it. I also lubed all of the trigger and blowback mechanisms, and the slide itself. Looked like it was gonna work fine, so I loaded it up with green gas and pulled the trigger. It fired one BB, but the slide didn't recoil therefore not cocking the internal hammer (I've always despised internal hammers, and this solidified that hatred) so you have to manually cock it every time you want to fire. Rather annoying if you ask me. I went to field strip the gun again to see if I could find what was wrong... and bam - the slide jammed up again. This proceeded to happen 3 or 4 times before I gave up. It is a version one, and I've heard that version ones had quite a few issues relating to this.
If the the slide is stuck while field stripping it is most likely due to the recoil guide rod being mis-seated under the outer barrel. This needs to be reseated properly and then the slide will come off for field stripping.

#6 Phillip

Phillip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, fishing, fossils,and pretty much everything else that involves being outside.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

How would i go about correctly seating the recoil guide rod, and how would it have gotten misaligned in the first place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users