• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 manning181016

manning181016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

So, I have had my ATP for a few months now and I have finally had my first problem. When I fire my ATP, it only shoots once, sometimes twice, and then I have to rack the slide again just to get the same results. I have this problem throughout my 4 mags so they most likely aren't the issue. Also, I tried cleaning and lubing the gun but the problem persists. Any idea what could be causing this and how I could fix it?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

View Postmanning181016, on 30 November 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

So, I have had my ATP for a few months now and I have finally had my first problem. When I fire my ATP, it only shoots once, sometimes twice, and then I have to rack the slide again just to get the same results. I have this problem throughout my 4 mags so they most likely aren't the issue. Also, I tried cleaning and lubing the gun but the problem persists. Any idea what could be causing this and how I could fix it?
When the gun fires is the slide fully cycling?  Or is there insufficient power to complete the cycle?

#3 Rafael Raygoza

Rafael Raygoza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm having the same issue aswell. i've had my atp auto since the release and recently it started having the same cycling issue. gun is clean and lubed but the gun feels like there's not enough power to cycle the slide

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostRafael Raygoza, on 30 November 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm having the same issue aswell. i've had my atp auto since the release and recently it started having the same cycling issue. gun is clean and lubed but the gun feels like there's not enough power to cycle the slide
I always recommend trying a new can of gas first.  Crazy as that sounds most of the time that's the issue.  Another thing that can cause this is a particular brand of gas called Power Green.  Some of these cans have a removable/screw-on nozzle which is absolute crap!  Once you have confirmed this isn't the problem we can move on to other potential causes.

#5 Rafael Raygoza

Rafael Raygoza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

i can safely say its not due to the green gas cans. The cycling issue is somewhat less noticeable when using the fpg magazines (i assume since they hold more gas, there's more pressure when the gas valve is struck) around 3/4 empty (empty as in running out of bb's not gas since i know for a fact i can get 2 magazines worth on the fpg mags) i start getting the issue of the slide not cycling all the way. The problem really shines when using the magazines that the atp comes with (again they work fine on my new atp and i have 4 short mags). I have 2 atp auto's and dont seem to have the issue with the other as its fairly new (the atp with the cycling issue i got since release and the second one around a month ago). And i give these 2 pistols the same amount of love as i do to my '69 camaro (which according to my fiance is way too damn much).

Edited by Rafael Raygoza, 01 December 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostRafael Raygoza, on 01 December 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

i can safely say its not due to the green gas cans. The cycling issue is somewhat less noticeable when using the fpg magazines (i assume since they hold more gas, there's more pressure when the gas valve is struck) around 3/4 empty (empty as in running out of bb's not gas since i know for a fact i can get 2 magazines worth on the fpg mags) i start getting the issue of the slide not cycling all the way. The problem really shines when using the magazines that the atp comes with (again they work fine on my new atp and i have 4 short mags). I have 2 atp auto's and dont seem to have the issue with the other as its fairly new (the atp with the cycling issue i got since release and the second one around a month ago). And i give these 2 pistols the same amount of love as i do to my '69 camaro (which according to my fiance is way too damn much).
On a side note, and I'm sure you get this a lot, a '69 Camaro is my dream car....the is a car enthusiast thread in the Community General Chat Forum, please post some pics.  Now on to the ATP.  Thank you for clearing the gas issue up. Please understand that we get all levels of experience here are without seeing the gun and having a conversation live we are forced to start with the simplest and most obvious stiff first.

The gin's issue with cycling can be from various reasons which I'll list and we can check them off as the are eliminated:
  • Not enough gas on the mag - not in this case
  • Too hot of an environment to actuate the release valve - nope, not according to what you posted
  • Damaged or weak hammer spring #68 not providing enough force to actuate the release valve - maybe
  • Damaged main seal #35 - This can be inspected by removing the slide and pulling back the cylinder to reveal the seal - I do not think this is it because you have not described big puffs of gas as you fire the gun which would occur with this part failure
  • Damaged or worn impact block #18 - This part actuates the mag release valve and is what I would guess is the issue.  Without seeing the gun live it's hard to say for sure though
Hope this helps.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

View Postgcw360, on 01 December 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

On a side note, and I'm sure you get this a lot, a '69 Camaro is my dream car....the is a car enthusiast thread in the Community General Chat Forum, please post some pics.  Now on to the ATP.  Thank you for clearing the gas issue up. Please understand that we get all levels of experience here are without seeing the gun and having a conversation live we are forced to start with the simplest and most obvious stiff first.

The gin's issue with cycling can be from various reasons which I'll list and we can check them off as the are eliminated:
  • Not enough gas on the mag - not in this case
  • Too hot of an environment to actuate the release valve - nope, not according to what you posted
  • Damaged or weak hammer spring #68 not providing enough force to actuate the release valve - maybe
  • Damaged main seal #35 - This can be inspected by removing the slide and pulling back the cylinder to reveal the seal - I do not think this is it because you have not described big puffs of gas as you fire the gun which would occur with this part failure
  • Damaged or worn impact block #18 - This part actuates the mag release valve and is what I would guess is the issue.  Without seeing the gun live it's hard to say for sure though
Hope this helps.
I just re-read your post....the issue crops up as the mag empties....is there any gas spilling or puffing as you fire the gun?  Does the issue get better if you hold the mag up into the gun from the base plate as you fire it?

#8 Rafael Raygoza

Rafael Raygoza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Sorry for the late reply I've been driving myself mad trying to fix this issue. Finally found the culprit. Took my atp apart piece by piece and went over the hammer, impact block, sear, basically all of the metal moving components that i could think of to see if i can spot something that was flawed or deformed. Nothing. Then my cat decided to help me out by jumping onto my table where my gun was and dropping a few pieces on the floor. Well one of those pieces was the loading nozzle. As i grabbed my flash light to find the piece at the corner of my desk. I then saw a crack from the port where the loading nozzle and the magazine seal make contact that went from the bottom of the loading nozzle port to the front of the nozzle that goes into the barrel. And this was a clean split that only if you tried to open it with your nails would you be able to see. Went to evike picked up a new plastic feeding nozzle and voila! works like i bought my ATP right there and then...

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostRafael Raygoza, on 07 December 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Sorry for the late reply I've been driving myself mad trying to fix this issue. Finally found the culprit. Took my atp apart piece by piece and went over the hammer, impact block, sear, basically all of the metal moving components that i could think of to see if i can spot something that was flawed or deformed. Nothing. Then my cat decided to help me out by jumping onto my table where my gun was and dropping a few pieces on the floor. Well one of those pieces was the loading nozzle. As i grabbed my flash light to find the piece at the corner of my desk. I then saw a crack from the port where the loading nozzle and the magazine seal make contact that went from the bottom of the loading nozzle port to the front of the nozzle that goes into the barrel. And this was a clean split that only if you tried to open it with your nails would you be able to see. Went to evike picked up a new plastic feeding nozzle and voila! works like i bought my ATP right there and then...
Good feedback and happy to hear things are fixed.  Honestly hadn't seen that particular break before but that's why it's important that members like yourself post the resolution.  Thank you!

#10 kwa ftw

kwa ftw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

I actually had a similar problem. However, by pressing against the base plate on the magazine it will fully cycle. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users