• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shantheman

Shantheman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

So I recently bought a new KWA M226 at Airsoft GI and when i brought it home and did a closer inspection of the gun I realized that the the whole outer barrel was plastic! Now i have own a few GBB pistols before and this is the first time I bought one that has a plastic outer barrel. Now the question i have is, is it suppose to be plastic? Will it last? and if it doesn't should i buy a replacement barrel from KWA and if i do will that also be plastic? I am open to any answers because I've done some research and nothing has come up.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 11,544 posts
    • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

With the exception of the ATP, KWA's current line of GBB pistols come with polymer outer barrels.  This is a design feature that helps to maintain the life of the slide (and barrel) and helps contributes to the reliability of  gun.  There are some after market metal barrels for some of the models KWA makes and KWA even offers a metal barrel for their MK 1911 series.

Hope this helps.

#3 Shantheman

Shantheman

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postgcw360, on 22 November 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

With the exception of the ATP, KWA's current line of GBB pistols come with polymer outer barrels.  This is a design feature that helps to maintain the life of the slide (and barrel) and helps contributes to the reliability of  gun.  There are some after market metal barrels for some of the models KWA makes and KWA even offers a metal barrel for their MK 1911 series.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, i have one more question though. is the new plastic outer barrel reliable though? i mean i wouldn't mind having a plastic barrel along as i know it will perform well.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 11,544 posts
    • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostShantheman, on 22 November 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Thanks, i have one more question though. is the new plastic outer barrel reliable though? i mean i wouldn't mind having a plastic barrel along as i know it will perform well.
    They are very reliable. In fact, I have seen metal barrels break far more often then polymer ones.  Also, they do not show the type of surface scrapes in the finish that metal ones do.

#5 Shantheman

Shantheman

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postgcw360, on 22 November 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

They are very reliable. In fact, I have seen metal barrels break far more often then polymer ones.  Also, they do not show the type of surface scrapes in the finish that metal ones do.
    Thanks! Your insight was really helpful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p226, outer barrel, gbb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users