Gas Pistons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MangoM4

MangoM4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:God & Country ,Milsim, Airsoft,Paintball,AR-15, Linux, Computers, Preparedness, Logistics ,Tactics, Ham Radio (KK4TYE)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Are There any GBB airsoft rifles out there that have Gas Pistons similar to the Gas Pistons in the newer AR platforms?
Airsoft has come a long way, it would seem that somebody has thought creating a Gas delivery system that worked simular to a Gas Piston system (adams gas piston conversion kit). This take the Gas delivery system out of the magazine.

Just a Thought.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

The gas in an AR15 is in the magazine, just like the LM4.  Only it's in individual cartridges not in bulk.

All the "piston system" AR15s do is move the piston from the bolt carrier group to the front of the rifle at the gas block. The gas gets from the magazine to the piston down the barrel behind the bullet.  It starts in the magazine nonetheless.

If you have a "piston" AR15 I'm sure you're aware the only advantage is it keep the dirty gasses out of the receiver and vents them up front.  My LWRC M6A1 bolt carrier group just needs to be wiped off with a rag after a day of shooting.

-- Chuck

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Topic moved.  Carry on.

#4 MangoM4

MangoM4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:God & Country ,Milsim, Airsoft,Paintball,AR-15, Linux, Computers, Preparedness, Logistics ,Tactics, Ham Radio (KK4TYE)

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Let me give a little more details about my question,
Strictly talking about Airsoft GBB rifles; Instead of having the Gas system in the magazine, design a gas system that take the place of the non-functional.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostMangoM4, on 24 November 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Let me give a little more details about my question,
Strictly talking about Airsoft GBB rifles; Instead of having the Gas system in the magazine, design a gas system that take the place of the non-functional.
Where would you store the gas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users