• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 awlogue

awlogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi all, I just acquired a USP Compact in a trade, and I've been having some problems getting it to work properly. I made the mistake of using silicone spray when I first got the gun and caused some major swelling in the bucking. I ordered two new Guarder buckings (one for this USP, and another for a 1911 mk IV that I did the same thing to) and installed them. Neither bucking fixed the issue. As I've seen no other cause to the problem I'm having (BBs stacking up in the barrel) I am quite perplexed. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-AWLogue

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Postawlogue, on 16 November 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Hi all, I just acquired a USP Compact in a trade, and I've been having some problems getting it to work properly. I made the mistake of using silicone spray when I first got the gun and caused some major swelling in the bucking. I ordered two new Guarder buckings (one for this USP, and another for a 1911 mk IV that I did the same thing to) and installed them. Neither bucking fixed the issue. As I've seen no other cause to the problem I'm having (BBs stacking up in the barrel) I am quite perplexed. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-AWLogue
Hi awlogue - Welcome to the KWA Forums. Are the BB's stacking in the barrel ot getting stuck in the bucking?  Also, is the hop-up completetly off?  Also, any chance you can post a pickture of the loading nozzle?

#3 awlogue

awlogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postgcw360, on 17 November 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hi awlogue - Welcome to the KWA Forums. Are the BB's stacking in the barrel ot getting stuck in the bucking?  Also, is the hop-up completetly off?  Also, any chance you can post a pickture of the loading nozzle?

Thanks! They are stacking up in the barrel with the most recently chambered round in the bucking as it should be. I'll check the hop up and post a picture of the nozzle in a moment.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit- Hop was completely off.

Edited by awlogue, 17 November 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Thank you for the pictures.  The loading nozzle looks good so that issue is eliminated in my mind.  When the BBs stack up in the inner barrel will they roll out if you point it towards the ground?  Do you know if the inner barrel is clean or if it is an after market TBB?  Also, what BB's a re you using?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I just pulled the inner barrel on my HK45.  The BB's easily roll through the barrel which yours should do too.  That said, it had been a while since I had cleaned the BB ramp and it had some white polymer BB residue on it.  This caused a number of miss-feeds until I cleaned it and now its working perfectly.  I would inspect the BB ramp for dirt and debris buildup.  Also, I would inspect the BB ramp for damage or misalignment.  This will cause mis-feeding issues.  Let us know what you find and feel free to post pictures of the ramp so we can see it.

#6 awlogue

awlogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

The bbs roll out freely. It's the stock inner, cleaned up with HS5's barrel cleaners before installing with the new buckings. I noticed that when I try to manually push a bb through the bucking there is a good bit of resistance, more than I would think is normal.

The ramp is in perfect condition, I don't believe that is at all related. The problem isn't misfeeding as much as it is not shooting in my opinion.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postawlogue, on 17 November 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

The bbs roll out freely. It's the stock inner, cleaned up with HS5's barrel cleaners before installing with the new buckings. I noticed that when I try to manually push a bb through the bucking there is a good bit of resistance, more than I would think is normal.

The ramp is in perfect condition, I don't believe that is at all related. The problem isn't misfeeding as much as it is not shooting in my opinion.
Ok.  Let's try this.  Take off the slide and holding the slide in the palm of your hand does the cylinder spring back to position when you pull it forward with your thumb?  Also, look at the piston seal to see if you see damage.  It could be cracked or broken entirely.  There is also the chance that the bucking is just not compatible but lets check these other things shall we?

#8 awlogue

awlogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Cylinder springs back as it would normally. Piston is also 100%, it's the green one just for reference. So it seems the bucking is actually not compatible? It's identical to my KWA one save the swelling.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postawlogue, on 17 November 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Cylinder springs back as it would normally. Piston is also 100%, it's the green one just for reference. So it seems the bucking is actually not compatible? It's identical to my KWA one save the swelling.
Without seeing it it's hard to say.  But it seems to me like either the bucking is not compatible or it is not properly installed.

#10 awlogue

awlogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I believe I solved the problem. When comparing the buckings more thoroughly I noticed that the inner ridge preceding the inner barrel is higher on the Guarder buckings, preventing a bb from readily traveling through the gun when gas is expelled. Using a engraving bit and a drill I shaved this ridge down, and both the pistols function flawlessly now.

Just as a heads-up for anyone who buys the Guarder bucking in the future: They may need slight careful modification.

Thanks to you, gcw360, for all of your help!

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postawlogue, on 17 November 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

I believe I solved the problem. When comparing the buckings more thoroughly I noticed that the inner ridge preceding the inner barrel is higher on the Guarder buckings, preventing a bb from readily traveling through the gun when gas is expelled. Using a engraving bit and a drill I shaved this ridge down, and both the pistols function flawlessly now.

Just as a heads-up for anyone who buys the Guarder bucking in the future: They may need slight careful modification.

Thanks to you, gcw360, for all of your help!
Happy it all worked out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users