• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 knoxwell

knoxwell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi I'm back, I had a problem: http://www.kwausa.co...opic=11816  but it was resolved for a while, until a new issue arose. Upon firing, the slide will not come back. it resets the trigger and I can fire another shot, but at 150fps tops it goes no where. I have cleaned and re-lubed everything and checked the mags (nothing wrong with them). It's like there's not enough gas to push the slide back but there is enough gas to push the bb forward and reset the trigger. Anyways I have 3 mags and one is extended, and the extended mag works flawlessly...? and my mags work fine in my friend's old school KWA 17 so It's probably not the mags. I appreciate the service I got on the last issue I had, but the gun is starting to make me frown, especially when it hasn't seen much gameplay since it's always injured due to it's fragility.

#2 amccommon349

amccommon349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

I have this same problem as well and still have not found any solution. My slide will not rack back if I tried using my hand either. I have to push down on the outer barrel slightly just to get the slide to move. I have cleaned my gun thoroughly many times as well and still can't tell what is wrong.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

It could be several possibilities.  Have you inspected the cylinder and piston seal for damage?

#4 amccommon349

amccommon349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

I do not see signs of damage on any of those part. I noticed that the spring guide likes to move a lot and when the slide jams the spring guide is off at an angle, but that just occurs after sliding the slide back and forth. Then the slide will stop all together.

#5 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

View Postknoxwell, on 13 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Hi I'm back, I had a problem: http://www.kwausa.co...opic=11816  but it was resolved for a while, until a new issue arose. Upon firing, the slide will not come back. it resets the trigger and I can fire another shot, but at 150fps tops it goes no where. I have cleaned and re-lubed everything and checked the mags (nothing wrong with them). It's like there's not enough gas to push the slide back but there is enough gas to push the bb forward and reset the trigger. Anyways I have 3 mags and one is extended, and the extended mag works flawlessly...? and my mags work fine in my friend's old school KWA 17 so It's probably not the mags. I appreciate the service I got on the last issue I had, but the gun is starting to make me frown, especially when it hasn't seen much gameplay since it's always injured due to it's fragility.
Try just putting a little bit of gas in the mag (25% fill), see if will fire a few properly.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

How old is your ATP?  There have been changes to later models of the ATP focused on, among other things. the spring guide.  If you reach out to KWA directly you can get the updated spring guide which should fix the issue.

#7 amccommon349

amccommon349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

I purchased the ATP mid 2012. I never realized that it was an outdated spring guide. Thank you.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Postamccommon349, on 19 October 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I purchased the ATP mid 2012. I never realized that it was an outdated spring guide. Thank you.
It's not that it's outdated so much as it may have been updated and improved in the last 2 years.  The same way cars in the 2014 lineup of any manufacturer no longer resembles the 2012 version.  Further, since it's been over 2 years since you purchased the gun it may be that the part is in need of replacement due to wear but without seeing it that is speculation.

#9 amccommon349

amccommon349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Yep i confirmed that the spring guide becomes out of place. Is there anyway i can secure it better?

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

View Postamccommon349, on 21 October 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Yep i confirmed that the spring guide becomes out of place. Is there anyway i can secure it better?
You should buy a new one from KWA or buy one of the Element/Matrix M17 guides if you can find one.  It's what I use and it works fine.

#11 amccommon349

amccommon349

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

Ok thank you for the awesome advice, hopefully it works like brand new when I get the spring guides. :D

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

Me too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users