• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MetalGear

MetalGear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Whenever I manually pull back the slide, the slide gets stuck on the hammer. Is there a simple fix that won't cause issues with the cycle of the weapon? I was thinking of sanding or grinding the hammer down a tad so the hammer presses less on the bottom of the slide. Is there anything that is a smarter fix?

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

There is a rubber buffer on the spring guide that, when dry, increases the amount of friction the slide experiences. Put some oil between the buffer and the guide rod and see if the binding continues.

#3 MetalGear

MetalGear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

SR105, on 08 November 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

There is a rubber buffer on the spring guide that, when dry, increases the amount of friction the slide experiences. Put some oil between the buffer and the guide rod and see if the binding continues.

I've already done that when I lubed the gun. The hammer actually causes a massive amount of friction, and holding it down makes it slide smoothly back and forth with zero sign of issue.

#4 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Alright then also try this: hold the trigger and rack the slide. This is to see if it's also riding on the trigger bar too much.

#5 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

The friction between the hammer and the blow back unit make it to where it gets stuck.  My guess it is due to a relatively weak recoil spring.  I just simply lube where the hammer contacts the blow back unit and it fixes the problem.

#6 MetalGear

MetalGear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

SR105, on 11 November 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Alright then also try this: hold the trigger and rack the slide. This is to see if it's also riding on the trigger bar too much.
It definitely has less friction when the trigger is held back. What should I do about it?

#7 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

What I did to mine was I took out the trigger bar spring (part #74). There is a 60 degree bend toward the bottom of the spring. I just straightened it out so there is no bend and I haven't had any hang ups after I did that. You can take out the trigger spring without disassembling anything in the lower frame. Just don't force it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slide, stuck, mk23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users