6 replies to this topic

#1 Target192

Target192

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Alrighty boys and girls of the Forums,

1st off I am a new member to the forums and airsoft in general, and this is my first post so please bear with me if its a little wonky.
2nd - Admins if I have mis-posted or done something wrong please inform me and I will change it, update it, or delete it as soon as I can so as not to cause problems.

Now to the good parts,

Recently purchased a KG36C(second hand ill admit) and have been looking at magwell conversions. the last post I saw on here was date stamped at 2009 or a little later with no real answer to the original question.

Is there such thing as a GOOD magwell conversion? The rest of the guys I started playing with use M4's and its many arma-whore variants. The group has A LOT of the KWA 120 round P-mags(?) and my question just really boils down to is it worth it? Is there a good one thats KWA compatible? Or should I just suck it up and get a bunch of mid caps and redo the chest rig I'm looking at?

Any help at all one way or the other is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Target192

***Not that there is anything wrong with the M4's I just dislike being able to swing a dead cat with my eyes closed and hit at least 50 of them. However I recognize the utility of being able to accept M4 mags and their varying styles.

Edited by Target192, 06 November 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

Try this thread.

The "Private Parts (brand)" magwell conversion seems to be unobtainable though.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 07 November 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#3 Target192

Target192

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks though Chuck for the link!

Something else I realize I should mention is that its the GEN 2Gx(?) or what ever the second one is, in case it helps anything.

Edited by Target192, 07 November 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#4 jdl

jdl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I am currently using the battleaxe magwell conversion, but it only likes kwa midcaps.   Any highcap i try doesnt work very well, but that is ok since the kwa midcaps are awesome.

I used to own a private parts magwell and that worked great, but it sadly broke.

#5 Roy Chan

Roy Chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

well my friend has a kwa g36c and he uses the
BattleAxe Airsoft G36/R36 Mag-Well Conversion Kit for M4/M16 Magazines

#6 Greg Hejnas

Greg Hejnas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I also have the GEN 2gx g36 (newer one) and the battle ax conversion kit didnt even fit into the body of the gun, i took it to work and milled the sides down a bit and it fit but does not feed correctly. They must have changed the gun design since they previous gen.

#7 aranth

aranth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I did milled the sides of the magwell too. I've used the guns on 4 scrimmages and so far so good when it comes to feeding. However, inserting the magazine in the magwell can be a pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users