5 replies to this topic

#1 Nimrod Cushmaro

Nimrod Cushmaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

hey KWA forums.

i own the sr5, because of his short front rail, i want to replace the rail with a longer one. i have the old fashioned front sight, that flips up. i have no clue how to take the sight off so i can take the rail out, PLEASE HELP !

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostNimrod Cushmaro, on 29 October 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

hey KWA forums.

i own the sr5, because of his short front rail, i want to replace the rail with a longer one. i have the old fashioned front sight, that flips up. i have no clue how to take the sight off so i can take the rail out, PLEASE HELP !
Newer SR's have roll pins, but every SR5 I've seen have solid pins holding on the gas block/tower sight.  To remove the front sight on the SR5, drive the pins out from the left side like a real M4.  Follow this video and you should be fine.

See here :

If for some reason you have roll pins, then substitute a regular punch for a roll pin punch.

Hope this helps.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

We know you meant to write: If for some reason you have roll pins, then substitute a roll pin punch for a regular punch.  (Happens to me frequently!).

-- Chuck

#4 Nimrod Cushmaro

Nimrod Cushmaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Postgcw360, on 29 October 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Newer SR's have roll pins, but every SR5 I've seen have solid pins holding on the gas block/tower sight.  To remove the front sight on the SR5, drive the pins out from the left side like a real M4.  Follow this video and you should be fine.

See here :

If for some reason you have roll pins, then substitute a regular punch for a roll pin punch.

Hope this helps.

im afraid to break them. i tap them hard with a hammer and the dont come out !

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostChuck S, on 30 October 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

We know you meant to write: If for some reason you have roll pins, then substitute a roll pin punch for a regular punch.  (Happens to me frequently!).

-- Chuck
Basically, use a roll pin punch on roll pins and a standard punch on solid tapered pins...

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostNimrod Cushmaro, on 30 October 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

im afraid to break them. i tap them hard with a hammer and the dont come out !
It requires effort.  Proceed at your own risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users