• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coco bear 45

coco bear 45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

My warranty just ran out about a month ago, and over the past 2 weeks my atp auto has been having some issues and I don't know how to fix them
1. It fires in auto no matter what mode its in
2. The slide some times won't cycle fully and catches on something on the return and won't go forward all the way, I have to push it forward to continue shooting
3. Its some times a pain to pull the upper off, I do whats instructed but the slide just won't go forward to come off some times, I just cycle it and try again until it works.

I've mainly used green gas until it started acting up then someone suggested propane so I tried that and the problem stayed the same even after lubing it completely. Anyone have any suggestions?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postcoco bear 45, on 14 October 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

My warranty just ran out about a month ago, and over the past 2 weeks my atp auto has been having some issues and I don't know how to fix them
1. It fires in auto no matter what mode its in
2. The slide some times won't cycle fully and catches on something on the return and won't go forward all the way, I have to push it forward to continue shooting
3. Its some times a pain to pull the upper off, I do whats instructed but the slide just won't go forward to come off some times, I just cycle it and try again until it works.

I've mainly used green gas until it started acting up then someone suggested propane so I tried that and the problem stayed the same even after lubing it completely. Anyone have any suggestions?
Personally I would send it in for repair. The slide issue is probably the rubber buffer (part #36) that needs to be glued back in.  The spring guide rod could also be moving out of position.  The full-auto is something else all together and best handled by a KWA tech.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

You may be having issues with auto sear or there is a malfunction with the fire mode selector if it only fires in full auto. This could happen if you change the fire mode too many times without holding the slide back during the change.  It could just be a worn out part but for a factory repair I would recommend sending it in to KWA.  You can start a repair ticket on the helpdesk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users