5 replies to this topic

#1 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Picked up one of these bad boys at AEX Sacramento. Ended up getting 3 spare mags to start out with.

Loaded and gassed up the magazines and proceeded to shoot it out. Zero jams, misfeeds, or other issues. The gun shot well on semi auto and full auto.

The hop dial has a pisitive click to it. Once set, its not going anywhere. As per every other kwa/ksc gbbs that ive owned, the hop seems to be an over/under thing. One click up and its too much...back it upnone and it seems like it could use a lil more lift.  Personally, I have come to expect it. Still, the AKG easily sends .28g bbs at least 150 feet after setting the hop.

Between my lm4 and the akg...the akg seems to perform better out of the box. Ill have to do some more shooting to decide whether the akg shoots as accurate as my kriss. I have close to zero complaints with my kriss.

Colder weather is coming soon so I'll be playing more.

Oh and as far as build quality...typical kwa. Solid. The receiver is made of tye same metal used in other kwa aeg/lm4 series it seems. Its not steel like other gbb ak's but its solid...and it works. It doesn't kick as hard as other gbb ak's...but its snappy. Yup. Its solid...snappy, shoots well, and has a hop that works well.

The bolt stop feature has been reliable. Only time will tell how well it holds up after a lot of use...

This writing is informal as I'm in my car tapping away while I wait for my take out dinner which I'm about to picm up.

Super happy with the purchase. No complaints.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thank you for the post.

#3 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm glad you are liking yours. Once I got the hop up sorted out I have had zero issues and it has served me well in the games that I have used it at. Everyone that I let shoot it is amazed at how far and accurate this thing is out of the box.

#4 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

No doubt dude. The gun has been an excellent plinker for me. I really have to find some game time.for it. I have a total of 6 mags right now. I was about to pick up a 7th mag for a 7 mag loadout before deciding that the 7th mag I'll be getting...would be the one off of the AKG-74U. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LoL.

On a side note, the magazines weigh about 200+ grams more than an LM4 mag. I can't remember but I think an empty mag weighed about 860 grams vs an LM4 mags 580 grams.

The 74U should be a better balanced gun. The 74M is on the front heavy side.

#5 JonathanNCP

JonathanNCP

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Oh wow. I usually only carry 4 LM4 mags because they are so darn heavy. Plus usually by the 2nd mag one of us is dead, me or him lol,

#6 snoopy

snoopy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I usually run with a total of 5 mags for my lm4. It was more than enough for shorter cqb games. Cause of this, I just ended up trading two brand new lm4 mags to my buddy for 2 akg mags. My last two brand new mags found its way on eBay.

Its outdoor games that really require more mags as shots are affected by wind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users