ATP Auto Select Switch Moving Off Of Full Auto When Firing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jcleland

jcleland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Title says it all. Sometimes I get one shot on full auto, sometimes I get 8. Eventually, it switches to somewhere near safety (middle) and that's it. It seems that it might be due to the hammer reset spring pushing on the Auto Select lever shaft when it's in full-auto. The shaft is forward and the spring end doesn't really have anywhere to go, so they just push against each other. Not sure, this may not be the problem at all. Either way, it's annoying. Searched forum, don't see anyone else with this problem. Ideas?

Edited by jcleland, 03 October 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#2 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

If the design is similar to the M18C, you probably just need to tighten the Allen screw under the rear sight.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Has the selector even partially pop out where you had to snap it back in place?

#4 jcleland

jcleland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi Guys, thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn't subscribed to  my own topic and missed these replies :(

The allen screw is snug and the retaining pin for the selector switch is installed correctly. I don't notice that the switch behaves strangely (popping out), it just moves slightly off of auto after anywhere from 3 to 10 rounds.

Oddly enough, I have a problem with semi-auto now as well. The switch doesn't move, but I will get bursts of 2-4 rounds at times. Other times, it fires a single shot as it should. I don't mean multiple BBs at once, I mean it fires full auto bursts where it cycles completely 2-4 times.

Any ideas?

#5 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

I haven't seen an ATP auto, but have owned and worked on its predecessor. My only thought is to try tightening the screw located inside the slide. It should be a philps screw right beneath the back sight. Don't over torque it. I seem to remember that tightening up my selector switch.

#6 jcleland

jcleland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestion DB, I've actually had to LocTite that screw because it would loosen. I've removed that assembly from the slide numerous times to clean and lubricate the cylinder and seal. I check it periodically, it's definitely still tight.

James

#7 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm all out of suggestions. It could be that some parts are just worn out. Maybe you should just send it in for repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users