any other suggestions for a leaky mag?
Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:00 AM
Just bought a LM4 and was super excited to take a test drive only to find out the magazine doesn't hold any gas.
1. Flip mag upside down (or however you fill your magazine)
2. Attempt to fill with green gas can
magazine fills; you hear the magazine fill
the amount of gas entering equals the amount of gas exiting out of the magazine nozzle seal (part #236)
If I put my finger over the nozzle seal, it feels like the magazine would fill. Obviously my thumb can't hold back green gas presssure.
Here's what I've done so far:
* full tear down of magazine (Boobie's youtube video)
* oiled/re-oiled the 3 o-rings on the release valve (#246)
* tighted release valve
* oiled/re-oiled the base seal (#235) on reassembly
I noticed in Boobie's video that he tests the base seal with the magazine feed lip or essentially the top portion of the magazine removed. When I did this, the gas just vents.
I got a second opinion from a friend and he noticed that the o-ring on the threaded side of the valve was not uniform. Some parts of the ring looked "thinner" or "stretched" versus other parts of the ring. I looked up another thread here and it was mentioned that the o-rings are replaceable with harbor freight rings. Bought a pack of rings and replaced the "stretched-out" ring with the suggested A008 version. It's definitely thicker than stock but it fits.
* Oiled up the ring and reassembled the magazine. Still all of the gas just dumps out. The gas sounds like it's not even under pressure / pressurizing. It just travels from one end of the magazine to the other.
After the o-ring replacement and the test, I decided to reassemble the mag completely. Still vents 100%.
Does anyone else have any other suggestions? Or have I done all that I can?
Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:21 AM
Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:18 PM
Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:01 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users