#1 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

So I just got my AKG and all the bb's are going to the right. I figured that the issue was that the bucking wasn't straight. I have taken apart the gun and for the life of me I can not understand the engineering behind this hop up. It has a small piece that sits on the top of the bucking and then a brass plug that presses onto that to create hop up. It is the biggest pain in the a** to reassemble. It makes absolutely no sense to do this when the LM4 has a great proven hop up. Was it that difficult to just incorporate that into the design? Don't get me wrong the gun feels great and is cycles beautifully. It's just this darn hop up. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Anyone have any knowledge of this hop up?

#2 wepen935k

wepen935k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Good luck. Keep us dated with a fix. BtW is it using the same style LM4 bucking?

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Wow..just as I thought. Same as the ksc version then. That's a disappointment.

GBBGURU

#4 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Got everything going and it does perform extremely well. I like the hop up dial and firm click you hear when adjusting the hop. I just don't like all the extra parts. All in all I'm really happy with the gun. It shoots great and feels solid. Now it's time to find out if the new magpul MOE grip fits.

#5 thefrog

thefrog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

The new magpul MOE grip does not fit out of the box.  there are some internal fins that need to be shaved a few mm, also the screa that comes with the magpul grip is thicker

#6 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Yea I noticed that when mine came in. I used my dremel to shave those down. Another thing is that even when shaving those down it still doesn't sit flush with the lower receiver because of the plate that is holding the trigger assembly there. At least thats what I'm guessing the plate is for. Since the bolt that comes with the grip wouldn't work I went for as simple a fix as possible. I didn't feel like going all over town trying to find a bolt to work so i drilled a hole in the bottom of the grip and used the original bolt. It might not be the prettiest because the grip just isn't thick enough to counter sink the bolt so it fits flush. I was also worried about it having some play because the bottom of the grip is removable. Suprisingly it is extremely sturdy and I have had zero problems so far. If I need to I will go find a shorter bolt or bond the removable bottom piece to the actual grip. All in all this grip is a major upgrade in my opinion. It is simply much more ergonomical for me. I also drilled two holes in the front handguard and mountd a polymer magpul rail so that I can use a foregrip.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

This is a hop-up thread.  Let's please get back on topic or simply start another thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users