#1 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

So I just got my AKG and all the bb's are going to the right. I figured that the issue was that the bucking wasn't straight. I have taken apart the gun and for the life of me I can not understand the engineering behind this hop up. It has a small piece that sits on the top of the bucking and then a brass plug that presses onto that to create hop up. It is the biggest pain in the a** to reassemble. It makes absolutely no sense to do this when the LM4 has a great proven hop up. Was it that difficult to just incorporate that into the design? Don't get me wrong the gun feels great and is cycles beautifully. It's just this darn hop up. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Anyone have any knowledge of this hop up?

#2 wepen935k

wepen935k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Good luck. Keep us dated with a fix. BtW is it using the same style LM4 bucking?

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Wow..just as I thought. Same as the ksc version then. That's a disappointment.

GBBGURU

#4 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Got everything going and it does perform extremely well. I like the hop up dial and firm click you hear when adjusting the hop. I just don't like all the extra parts. All in all I'm really happy with the gun. It shoots great and feels solid. Now it's time to find out if the new magpul MOE grip fits.

#5 thefrog

thefrog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

The new magpul MOE grip does not fit out of the box.  there are some internal fins that need to be shaved a few mm, also the screa that comes with the magpul grip is thicker

#6 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Yea I noticed that when mine came in. I used my dremel to shave those down. Another thing is that even when shaving those down it still doesn't sit flush with the lower receiver because of the plate that is holding the trigger assembly there. At least thats what I'm guessing the plate is for. Since the bolt that comes with the grip wouldn't work I went for as simple a fix as possible. I didn't feel like going all over town trying to find a bolt to work so i drilled a hole in the bottom of the grip and used the original bolt. It might not be the prettiest because the grip just isn't thick enough to counter sink the bolt so it fits flush. I was also worried about it having some play because the bottom of the grip is removable. Suprisingly it is extremely sturdy and I have had zero problems so far. If I need to I will go find a shorter bolt or bond the removable bottom piece to the actual grip. All in all this grip is a major upgrade in my opinion. It is simply much more ergonomical for me. I also drilled two holes in the front handguard and mountd a polymer magpul rail so that I can use a foregrip.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

This is a hop-up thread.  Let's please get back on topic or simply start another thread.

#8 lockout

lockout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi there Folks,
So i bought the KWA AKG and right out of the Box with .30 KWA BB's it was performing phenomenally well. I was Getting around 180 feet range at 2 clicks from Max hop. One Click more and it would suddenly over hop bb's into the sky.
Anyway, it worked really well for around one or two outings. That would be 12 mags run through it, or maybe a little more. And now it can only manage 120 feet at full hop with the same weight BB's and same testing area ( my backyard ).
Now I have been using only CLP ( frog lube) for Lubing purposes and Valken Green gas. I suspected the Hopup bucking might be to blame, Maybe swollen now? I am out of warranty and i am seriously beginning to think i should stop using green gas and just use dry propane and lube the O-rings after each session of gaming ( Atleast the hop will remain dry at the cost or maybe getting occasional leaking mags)
Could someone be kind enough to make a video of how to get into the hopup unit and take it apart. Any suggestions/advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards.

#9 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

CLP is not a manufacturer authorized lubricant for any KWA gun I'm aware of. There are cleaners (solvents) in CLP (the C-part) as well as preservatives (the P-part).  What these guns need is lubricant and only pure silicone oil is approved.  Yeah, I know guys use CLP (and raw propane) on lots of gas guns.

I'd no more use CLP on my airsoft guns than I wouild use silicone oil on my M4 Carbine or other firearms.

I've no idea what CLP will do to the bucking.

-- Chuck

#10 lockout

lockout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Hey,
I doubt CLP is the culprit here, since i use it for all my airsoft and real steel guns, plus i don't really see a way how CLP could have found its way into the bucking and caused it to swell. I Lube the Metal Moving parts with CLP, a drop of murder oil on the orings and the only thing i think might be responsible for the "suspected" bucking swelling and the reduced performance is probabaly the Silicone oil coming from the Green gas in the mags. That is most likely to find its way into the bucking.
I have not actually tried to open things up to go in an check what might have happened, since it still reached 120ish feet. I think ill have to go in if the performance keeps falling.
Any tips or preferably a breakdown video would be much appreciated.

#11 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Any time you deviate from spec and have a problem the primary suspect must be the non-spec item.  In this case it's Frog Lube.  I don't think there's enough oil in green gas to soak the bucking but there're several other place it can enter if I overlube the various valves.

I follow the TMs and manufacturer's recommendations which means CLP almost exclusively for my firearms.  And silicone oil in my airsoft guns.  (And Honda manual transmission fluid (MTF) in my S2000's tranny.)  I use the term CLP (capitalized) to refer to the military CLP performance spec.  If Frog Lube meets military standards I'm unaware of it.  But would be happy to learn if it does.  But silicone oil remains the specified lubricant.  And green gas the specified propellant.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 19 August 2014 - 02:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users