5 replies to this topic

#1 yellowthunder

yellowthunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Counting Electric Sheep

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

So today I'm happy as a clown finally able to use my LM4 after recently acquiring some magazines.  My LM4 was working great all day till the last game and when I fire off the first round I hear this "Pffffffffffffffffffff" as if the magazine release valve is partially stuck open.  I rack another BB in the camber at and nothing while the magazine is still making that sound.  To stop the venting I had to remove the magazine.  I tried a different magazine, racked it and fired off one round "Pfffffffffffffffff" again.  Removed the magazine to stop the venting.  Reinserted it, racked a round and again "Pffffffffff"  So I removed the magazine and it pretty much ended my day at the field.

So I take my LM4 home and I opened her up.  This is what I find.

Posted Image
I thought "That doesn't look right!"

Posted Image
Definitely doesn't look right!

Posted Image
I had to use pliers to get that piece off, it was wedged pretty good in there.

Posted Image
The Jet Nozzle Spring was clean cut off

Posted Image

Now maybe this contributed to this problem, but I was using an o-ring to secure the Bolt Base Plug to the Bolt Carrier.  Maybe it's time I get a new E-Clip.

How the Bolt Base plug (Part 37) Ended up reversed, and how the Bolt Base (Part 60) Ended up being mangled up like that I'll never know ha ha ha!

Edited by yellowthunder, 16 September 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#2 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

The spring breaking has occurred with some people but the base plug flipping upside down is crazy, I guess when it rains it pours in this situation. Haven't heard/seen that before with others who use the o-ring on the base plug.

You also should check the inside of your bolt carrier to ensure that it isn't gouged up and that the hole for the bolt base plug isn't deformed.

Edited by akiraspeedstar, 16 September 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#3 yellowthunder

yellowthunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

I had a look in there this morning.  The inside of the Bolt carrier looks fine thank goodness.  I have a spare NPAS nozzle that I didn't like just because it's so inconsistent.  Looks like I don't have much of a choice but to use it now.

#4 -wigs-

-wigs-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Looks like your return spring snapped a while ago and you didn't notice. What I don't get is how your nozzle wasn't just flopping around in the breeze and where exactly your oring went

Edited by -wigs-, 17 September 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#5 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

I have a similar problem, but not to your extent haha, my piston is always getting stuck on the bolt which is causes my gun to freeze. This usually happens when I am using full auto. I was thinking about replacing the nozzle with the ra tech nozzle, http://tigertactical...pas-p-2634.html, i heard it runs a lot smoother with this one. Any advice?? :)

#6 yellowthunder

yellowthunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Wigs, It was working just fine at the game before.  It would seem that once the spring breaks the gun would fail like it did so I'm not so sure that it failed without me knowing it.  If you know what I mean lol.

Mr Ying, My bolt gets stuck in the bolt so I have to use a good amount of lubrication especially with the RA tech nozzle.  I've also experience a lot of inconsistencies of FPS and blowback performance with the RA tech.  The internals of the nozzle become misaligned quite often.  Which explains the problems the RA Tech nozzle creates.  Since my stock nozzle is out of commission, I'm forced to use my RA Tech nozzle. I don't personally recommend it at all unless someone here can recommend a solution to fix it.  It's also an expensive part!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users