• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

I just got a new replacement M226 courtesy of KWA, and it shoots much better than my previous version, considering it actually shoots. However, I am not at all satisfied with the efficiency. My last game it was pretty warm out, not sure how hot, but warm. I was using GG, and wasn't able to fire an entire mags worth of bbs before it ran out of gas. Am I wrong in thinking I should be getting more than a mags worth on one charge?

What are some ways to coax efficiency out of my 226? Polishing the slide rails? Upgrade parts? What? I would love to at least be able to get a whole mag off on one charge.

Any and all help is appreciated!!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostAmorton94, on 13 September 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

I just got a new replacement M226 courtesy of KWA, and it shoots much better than my previous version, considering it actually shoots. However, I am not at all satisfied with the efficiency. My last game it was pretty warm out, not sure how hot, but warm. I was using GG, and wasn't able to fire an entire mags worth of bbs before it ran out of gas. Am I wrong in thinking I should be getting more than a mags worth on one charge?

What are some ways to coax efficiency out of my 226? Polishing the slide rails? Upgrade parts? What? I would love to at least be able to get a whole mag off on one charge.

Any and all help is appreciated!!
Are you using a fresh can of GG?  And what brand are you using?

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

I charge my GBB pistol magazines for at least 30 seconds (and LM4 magazines for 45 seconds).  You can't over-fill them.

-- Chuck

#4 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I knew I should have clarified cuz I knew this is the only thing that would be brought up. I believe it was a brand new can and I charged each mag for much longer than that. So I highly doubt they weren't filled with more than enough gas.

Now, does anyone have any tips to improve efficiency?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostAmorton94, on 14 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

I knew I should have clarified cuz I knew this is the only thing that would be brought up. I believe it was a brand new can and I charged each mag for much longer than that. So I highly doubt they weren't filled with more than enough gas.

Now, does anyone have any tips to improve efficiency?
Yes, but you haven't answered my question. I do not doubt you are filling the mags long enough.  However, there are several brands of GG that have nozzles that will not fill most pistols, KWA or TM for that matter, and allow for a complete mag dump.  This may, or may not, be the reason for your issue.  But for certain we need to eliminate outside sources of potential issues before we move on the the more complex...the gun itself.

Another question is if you have more than one mag?  The mag could be the issue and not the gun.

#6 Kerberos

Kerberos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Acting, Aviation, Designing, Watches, Swords, Samurai, Armors, Military gear, and shooting guns at the ranges.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Actually whats been also common with some of the magazines you buy, the gas fill nozzle can be loose sometimes. I recommend you tighten the lower nozzle. This is quite apparent since I worked in an airsoft retail store selling KWA guns. Once you tighten the nozzle below, you will see how the gas does not escape as much when you gas them up. Let us know.

#7 lalew

lalew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

I usually fill the mags in smaller burst.  I will fill for 10 seconds and then fill for another 10 seconds

#8 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Sorry, for the late response. But I haven't checked what brand of GG I used, but I have 4 mags. All four did the same thing. I'll try a different can next time I'm out. But thanks,. I guess.

#9 Big Si

Big Si

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Check your mag valve, any damage? Does it lock back or fail to cycle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users