• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JustinGB

JustinGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hey guys, I finally just got a KWA G36c. I'm trying to fit some rather long lipo's. I know from another thread these are the recommended dimensions:

"According to KWA Helpdesk, the max battery dimension for the smaller 2gx hand guard is: L 3.625 x W 1.125 x D .625 or Metric: 92mm x 28.6mm x 15.9mm "

Now my question is, I'm trying to fit a battery that's just over 5", I know this is kind of unheard of and impossible without modification but if I cut the out the circled part, will it affect anything? I think that would give me a lot of room to fit a slightly longer battery.

Posted Image

Thanks,
Justin

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi Justin, welcome to the KWA Forums.  I'm not one to recommend cutting off pieces of a gun that's still under warranty.  Is it new?  Actually, the warranty is voided because of the black tip.  Never mind.  If you carefully cut that piece off you shouldn't impede the gun in any way.  However, you will have your battery (and smaller ones) flopping around in the hand guard.  

I'm more interested in what the specs of the battery are.  If it's out of spec the G36C may have feeding issues.  Can you post the c rating and mAh along with the volts please?

#3 JustinGB

JustinGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postgcw360, on 03 September 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Hi Justin, welcome to the KWA Forums.  I'm not one to recommend cutting off pieces of a gun that's still under warranty.  Is it new?  Actually, the warranty is voided because of the black tip.  Never mind.  If you carefully cut that piece off you shouldn't impede the gun in any way.  However, you will have your battery (and smaller ones) flopping around in the hand guard.  

I'm more interested in what the specs of the battery are.  If it's out of spec the G36C may have feeding issues.  Can you post the c rating and mAh along with the volts please?

Thanks for the reply! Upon inspection it doesn't seem to have any function regarding to the gun, maybe it's just for giving a borderline for batteries. But here are the specs!

G&P 7.4v, 1200mah 20c.
Length: 5.25"
Width: 0.7"
Thickness: 0.4"

According to my measurements, the two posts in the battery compartment space is just shy of 5". So if I remove that post I should be able to fit the length of this battery.

Thanks,
Justin

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostJustinGB, on 03 September 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply! Upon inspection it doesn't seem to have any function regarding to the gun, maybe it's just for giving a borderline for batteries. But here are the specs!

G&P 7.4v, 1200mah 20c.
Length: 5.25"
Width: 0.7"
Thickness: 0.4"

According to my measurements, the two posts in the battery compartment space is just shy of 5". So if I remove that post I should be able to fit the length of this battery.

Thanks,
Justin
Go for it.  You should be fine.  Good luck with your new gun and let us know how it works.

#5 JustinGB

JustinGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Will do, will let you guys know how it works out and will take some pics as well.

#6 JustinGB

JustinGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

Just wanted to follow up on my post. It turns out that the battery is just shy of 5.5" and it still fit no problem without modification. I played through a whole day and about 2500 bbs with no problems and the battery lasted.

Here are the pics, I secured the battery with some velcro and fond there is zero interference with the battery cover. In fact it fits extremely well, when I had a 9.6v nunchuck I had to fight to keep it in there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Glad to hear it all worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users