• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Warsong

Warsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I have a CQB with what i believe is a version 1 gearbox ( no logo )
the cylinder head has a small leak around the brass so i want to replace it with a 2 gasket all aluminum part. there must be 100s out there. which one?
also my O ring around the piston head is very loose, so i was considering just replacing the entire thing.
last, my cylinder is the older long port design, id like to build a plinker not intended for human use. would a smaller ported cylinder work out and which one? thanks.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

You can certainly change the cylinder head to an aluminum if you like but consider this for a moment.  In a given mechanical system where enegy is transfered through motion of various parts, failure of these parts down the road at some point is inevitable.  So I would think a fail safe point like a polymer cylinder head that would cost the least amount of money is best.  Would you ranther replace a $15 cylinder head or a $80 gearbox shell?  Metal cylinder heads are no good at absorbing such impact and thus transfers this energy to the front of the gearbox which can lead to GB failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users