• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Baker

Bill Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a quality drop leg holster for my Mark IV?

The soft holster is not good because the mag release is constantly being hit and releasing the magazine.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,590 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

See here: http://www.opticspla...-medallion.html

I use the S.T.R.I.K.E plate with the CQC myself.  The Colt 1911 Government is the model that will fit the MK series.

Have a look a this thread too towards the end: http://www.kwausa.co...topic=11664&hl=

#3 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

i bought a condor drop leg holster is that what you're using?

#4 Bill Baker

Bill Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

yes, all the soft ones seem to make contact with the mag release.

#5 Bill Baker

Bill Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

It does seem like SERPA is the only option, was hoping to spend less but dont think there are any other options.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,590 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

As drop legs go Serpa are very well priced.  Check out Optics Planet, I've seen some very reasonable prices there normally with free shipping too.

Here is the one for the 1911 in tan for 96.00 shipped.: http://www.opticspla...-hand-draw.html

#7 Bill Baker

Bill Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Think of any of these would work with Mark IV, little skeptical of ordering from China but prices are great if they fit.

http://www.ebay.com/...r 1911&_sacat=0

#8 Bill Baker

Bill Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Looks like North Pleasant Tactical out of Mass has some drop leg holsters on ebay that fit

#9 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

problem with serpa is that they are charging you about 60 more dollars than their waist holsters (cqc carbon, about $40) for some straps that bring the holster down to your leg...

#10 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

In the real world the Serpa holster is dangerous an in many models the trigger finger slaps the trigger when the pistol clears the holster because of the "push button" design.  Makes no sense to me to buy a $90 holster to carry a $130 airsoft pistol, but maybe that's just me!

Try Red Wolf for a Blade Tech copy.

-- Chuck

#11 Bill Baker

Bill Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

Agree that the cost is too high for Serpa but hard to find any other plastic drop legs.
North pleasant tactical has some on ebay for $40 and I will check out Red Wolf

#12 CE24

CE24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

i think serpas or aftermarket one  is better than the soft ones because it doesnt push the mag release accidentally and more so to avoid losing mag

#13 DesFox24

DesFox24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

I had the same issue using a fast draw soft shell type holster. Actually lost a mag this way out in the field. I've since changed over to a G-Code xst holster with a drop leg mounting platform. Not the cheapest of solutions but was cheaper than going the serpa way. Also the serpa lock tends to jam with debris. Not a huge issue for general airsoft, unless you're rolling around in the dirt trying to jam it. A G-Code xst holster for the 1911 5" barrel with no rails will work perfectly for the MKIV. I have the MKII so basically just got the model with rails. Holds snug, doesn't hit my mag release button at all. Only thing that could be an issue is, the hood on the xst won't close all the way unless your hammer is cocked. Cheers

#14 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

serpas need an extremely small amount of force to trigger the release button, if your finger is launching to the trigger after removing the handgun then you are doing it wrong :P
it is designed to place your index finger outside of the trigger once the handgun is out of the holster, but not designed to require so much force that your finger moves out of a forward position once the handgun clears the holster...

Edited by proverbialguy739, 27 August 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#15 Whisp

Whisp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

When I bought my KWA 1911 MKIV just even slightly touching the mag release would drop the mag out.  I have both the Condor HT and VT holsters and when slipping it in it would release the mag.

My solution was to stiffen the mag release button by taking it out and adding a small piece of round styrene plastic that I use for my custom modeling.  By doing this it made it have more tension in the spring an made the mag release button stiffer thus I have to apply more pressure to release my mags.

Since I have done this I have had no issue with my holsters or by accident releasing my mags.

Edited by Whisp, 19 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#16 Whisp

Whisp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

Here is a picture to show what I did.  The piece I added is 2mm long and same circumference of the spring.  Goes all back together in the order shown in the picture.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MArk IV, drop leg holster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users