#1 Dmoney Schmidt

Dmoney Schmidt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hello all,
I finally used my SR12 in an actual game. It got its first few scratches. :( lol oh well battle scars...

Anyways, I noticed now that the rail system is a little loose. No wiggle side to side and no twisting, just up and down. It moves maybe 1/2". Very minor wiggle. Before it was rock solid. I've seen a video before and found a topic with that video in it but it's private. Should I just tighten the screws around it. I think eventually this would wear out. If I had to tighten it every single time I used it.

So I have another question, can I use a regular AR style sight/gas block? Just the regular old triangular sight? I was thinking of fabbing up a support or something for it. Not sure. Thanks for your help!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostDmoney Schmidt, on 24 August 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hello all,
I finally used my SR12 in an actual game. It got its first few scratches. :( lol oh well battle scars...

Anyways, I noticed now that the rail system is a little loose. No wiggle side to side and no twisting, just up and down. It moves maybe 1/2". Very minor wiggle. Before it was rock solid. I've seen a video before and found a topic with that video in it but it's private. Should I just tighten the screws around it. I think eventually this would wear out. If I had to tighten it every single time I used it.

So I have another question, can I use a regular AR style sight/gas block? Just the regular old triangular sight? I was thinking of fabbing up a support or something for it. Not sure. Thanks for your help!
Have you tried tried tightening the outer ring that attaches the rail to the barrel nut and front receiver?

#3 Dmoney Schmidt

Dmoney Schmidt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

No. I'm not sure exactly what to tighten. For some reason I remember being told that you should tighten the bolts around the rail. I didn't wanna tighten anything without being sure.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,310 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostDmoney Schmidt, on 24 August 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

No. I'm not sure exactly what to tighten. For some reason I remember being told that you should tighten the bolts around the rail. I didn't wanna tighten anything without being sure.
Here is a thread that should help you out.  I would start with the video in the first post: http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=1533

But, without seeing the rail first hand it's hard to say this will do the trick.  You may need to tighten the hex screws that are found around the base of the rail.  This is referred to in the thread also.

#5 Dmoney Schmidt

Dmoney Schmidt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the thread. Great info. I'll see what I can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users