2 replies to this topic

#1 AOAM

AOAM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hey all,

I purchased both the Commando and SR10 (2013 models), one for me and the other for the kids. I am converting the Commando to a shorty CQB. For my own benefit and knowledge I am trying to figure out the internal differences between the two. I have read varying info on the web which is why I'm posting here. I've got the manuals for each too but they don't identify the differences.

If this is listed elsewhere just point me in the right direction. Any help appreciated.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

The Version 2GX engine is the same but there will be different springs and cylinders in the two due to the 10.5" vs 16" barrel length.

The Commando is already a "shorty CQB" even before it comes out of the box with a muzzle velocity about 360 fps that will drop below 350 after everthing is worn in..  The SR10 will be shooting about 400 fps to start and drop below that after some use.  The SR10 is a "mid-length" railed system.

Both are wired to the rear from what I can see.  My older KM4 CQB has the battery under the handguard as does the new RM4.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 24 August 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostAOAM, on 24 August 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hey all,

I purchased both the Commando and SR10 (2013 models), one for me and the other for the kids. I am converting the Commando to a shorty CQB. For my own benefit and knowledge I am trying to figure out the internal differences between the two. I have read varying info on the web which is why I'm posting here. I've got the manuals for each too but they don't identify the differences.

If this is listed elsewhere just point me in the right direction. Any help appreciated.
The only material difference as far as I know is the cylinder and barrel length.  In fact, if you would open the upper, take a picture of the cylinder showing the port on the right side of the gearbox, and post it I would appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users