3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Earle

Matt Earle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hey all!

Ok so Im new to internals and GBBs in general. So bare with me. Im looking to play a CQB field tomorrow and replaced my flute valve with the lower power one (Ive done it several times and results have been good) although when piecing it back together I failed to realize that one of the two springs holding the cylinder in place got bunched up behind the hopup (I believe thats what it was). I attempted to untangle and remove it without damaging it, but that was no use. I finally got it out but it was mangled beyond fixing. I removed the one spring and reattached the other. Once all back together it seems to be shooting fine. My only concern is that the FPS is INCREDIBLY low now because of the missing spring (One of two) and it may not shoot well. Is this a concern or should the one spring suffice for now?

Also, I was looking to order a couple more of those springs to have on hand if something like this happens again, are these the correct pieces?

http://store.kwausa....rnspring-1.aspx

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I think I found the correct part and replaced the link

Edited by Matt Earle, 23 August 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostMatt Earle, on 23 August 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Hey all!

Ok so Im new to internals and GBBs in general. So bare with me. Im looking to play a CQB field tomorrow and replaced my flute valve with the lower power one (Ive done it several times and results have been good) although when piecing it back together I failed to realize that one of the two springs holding the cylinder in place got bunched up behind the hopup (I believe thats what it was). I attempted to untangle and remove it without damaging it, but that was no use. I finally got it out but it was mangled beyond fixing. I removed the one spring and reattached the other. Once all back together it seems to be shooting fine. My only concern is that the FPS is INCREDIBLY low now because of the missing spring (One of two) and it may not shoot well. Is this a concern or should the one spring suffice for now?

Also, I was looking to order a couple more of those springs to have on hand if something like this happens again, are these the correct pieces?

http://store.kwausa....rnspring-1.aspx

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I think I found the correct part and replaced the link
Those are the correct springs and I absolutely would not run the gun with one spring.  It will break, and when it does it will damage the cylinder and you will most likely need to replace it (the cylinder).

#3 Matt Earle

Matt Earle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

View Postgcw360, on 24 August 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Those are the correct springs and I absolutely would not run the gun with one spring.  It will break, and when it does it will damage the cylinder and you will most likely need to replace it (the cylinder).

i found an older thread that had a similar issue to mine. a few people said removing the second spring would suit for now but they need to be replaced before long. would it be ok to remove the remaining spring and run with it for one night of gaming? or is it simply advised to compeletly wait for the replacement springs?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostMatt Earle, on 24 August 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

i found an older thread that had a similar issue to mine. a few people said removing the second spring would suit for now but they need to be replaced before long. would it be ok to remove the remaining spring and run with it for one night of gaming? or is it simply advised to compeletly wait for the replacement springs?
While I have never run my MP7 w/o the springs, I have run my MP9 without them with little to no ill effect.  I'd say at most you will loose performance but no permanent damage should occur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users