• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

Can someone please guide me through this so I do not destroy something.  After I take out the obvious set screw on bottom I do not know what to do, and the internet is letting me down in my search for a guide.

#2 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

aside from searching for a disassembly guide on youtube (which i would suggest first), you could check the parts diagram to determine which screws you might need to remove.

#3 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I should have stated this, but before I touch anything I scour the internet for guides, I have had the parts diagram up without much help.  The internet has failed me, so can someone help me out?

#4 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

well not to be rude but ive seen disassembly guides of the kmp9 before, maybe do some more searching?

#5 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Rest assured, I did not come on here to ask someone to do some searching for me.  I am hoping that someone has experience removing the inner barrel and can give me a tip on getting it out.  I have watched many guides previous to any of this, but not a single one that I have found goes further into the barrel disassembly than removing the outer barrel.  The set screw I was referring to is on the outer barrel itself, and the barrel only looks like it can come out one way, yet it won't budge.  And I don't want to get something and push hard on the end of the barrel if its going to break something.

#6 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm going to follow the instructions from the Wii-Tech site
http://www.wiitech.c...products_id=461

#7 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

I actually had found that as well, but I could not manage to push it out.  I attempted to remove it using a pen, but maybe I should just try another object that would be a better fit.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostNeil Engleman, on 01 September 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I actually had found that as well, but I could not manage to push it out.  I attempted to remove it using a pen, but maybe I should just try another object that would be a better fit.
I recommend a pencil.  I haven't needed to remove the inner barrel in the KMP9, though I have removed every other part and reassembled the gun....not sure how I or why I never got to the inner barrel.  Regardless, try a sharpened pencil.

#9 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Confirmed that a run of the mill sharpened pencil will remove the barrel and hop up fine.  It does take quite a bit of force so prepare for that.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Glad to hear that it worked.

#11 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Cool, let us know how the falcon extended inner barrel performs.  Please do a full review if you can.

#12 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

I will do as much of a write up as I can shortly.  First impressions are positive though.  Solid packaging and so far it as shown to be quite consistent.  FPS went through the roof with it being an .01 and over double the original barrel length, I am hoping the flute valve will be enough to bring it back within my playable limits.   I will install the flute valve and the REAPS bucking with it tonight and let you all know how hot it is shooting when I have access to a chrono tomorrow.

#13 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, I was worried about the FPS getting out of hand with the longer barrel.  That's why I went with the A+ tight barrel.  looking forward to your report.

#14 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well school really picked up over this last week so I may not have time to go as in depth as I wanted, however I did a quick write up on its performance and potential problems under the falcon barrel topic.   The fps didn't get too out of control, and with the flute value I was at 320fps with .3s.  Very good barrel, brought the gun to a whole new world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users