3 replies to this topic

#1 sigee

sigee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

Hi guy's
I do alot of reading but very little posting but now I have a few questions concerning the kwa hop rubbers.
My kwa km4a1 out ranges all my other guns and after stripping,upgrading and changing things I have come to the conclusion that it is the hop rubber that is the main reason for this so......

Iv looked at the firefly hop rubbers and they seem to be very similar to the kwa ones but twice the price ! are they pretty much the same thing ?.
Do kwa rubbers fit ok in other guns.i have ics split gerarbox m4's and g&g toptechs ?.

Also are there any little tricks to improve the hop performance ?.

Thanks for your time.

Si

Edited by sigee, 18 August 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I have been able to install 2G KWA buckings in many different brands of gun but with that said it will not work with every type of gun out there.  It could be for different reasons such as the barrel window cut is not compatible or the tolerances in the hop up chamber is different (to mention a couple).
The KWA bucking design IS the firefly bucking style but the one important difference between the 2 other than the ridiculous price of the FIrefly is that the firefly make buckings with  different degrees of hardness.  So if you were to build a gun that shoots 500+fps a hard bucking would be ideal for an effective hop up.  KWA buckings, from my experience, can handle FPS up to about 450-470 with good results as long as it's clean and not worn down.  But anything beyond that the hop starts to become ineffective.

#3 sigee

sigee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

Hi niko_gpsy Thanks for the reply.
As I am in the UK I am limited to 350 fps on full auto so no need to spend silly money on a hard firefly bucking.
Im going to buy a few kwa buckings and see how they fit in my other setups.
Thanks again for your help.

Si

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:34 AM

You are very welcome. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users