• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sorenson

Sorenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Ive gone up and down the compatibility thread and official photo thread for the LM4, I see that people are putting The KAC URX 3.1 rail on the LM4 whether they are replica or RS. I Know that 5ku and Dytac make the URX 3.1 but of Im unsure of the threading on the three products. My LM4 build is already higher than I'd like so a replica is definitely my preferred option. Im unsure of which if any of the URX's can fit without any modification. That is my primary concer, fitting without modification.
For clearity Im talking about the 13.5"

http://www.knightarm...o/urx-3-1-5-56/

Thanks! I'm doing my best to research the items I want before I go through with purchasing everything And there is so much confusing and seemingly conflicting information out there about the LM4. On one hand its said that most if not all RS products will fit on. But from what Ive seen, much modification is needed for many of the products out there.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

You looking for "look" or function?  Remember this is airsoft! :)

I paid about $30 for the railed handguard on the LM4 (top) to get it to match my LWRC (bottom) as closely as possible without exhorbitant expense.  The LM4 rail just replaces the handguards and is good enough for airsoft.  (The LWRC rail is free floating.)

-- Chuck

Posted Image

Edited by Chuck S, 17 August 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#3 Sorenson

Sorenson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

A little of both, including comfort. Point is that that's my first choice of rail and I know plenty of people have put it on their lm4, I just want to know if I should hold off on buying anything and look for another rail possibly

#4 netpoc

netpoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

Pretty much any rail made for an airsoft gun will work on the LM4. The threading on the upper receiver of the LM4 is standard AEG threading. If a real steel rail has a proprietary barrel nut, it most likely has different threading than the LM4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users