• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tumtumsdmon

tumtumsdmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hi this is my first post here and I am fairly new to this forum! I have been looking around the forums about the front barrel extension on my KWA CQR MOD1 but I have no luck. I only found things about the threading which I know now are counter clock wise. I was wondering more on where the barrel extension actually starts. For example, does it start in front of the front sight? Would I need to remove my front sight? Etc.

I want to remove the barrel extension and put a long suppressor but I have the Magpul MOE hand guard and so I know that I still need some type of gas block to hold it in place. I want to keep the inner barrel length but make the external looking like a cqb length weapon but with a very long suppressor.

Pictures would be great if anyone can! Thank you for you time and have a good day! :clap:

P.S. I think that the barrel extension piece number is 286-1. :tsuki: also, I still have my 45 day warranty, so I will have to do this modification when that time is up (as I might remove my orange flash hider)

Edited by tumtumsdmon, 16 August 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#2 tumtumsdmon

tumtumsdmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Looking at a buddy's cqr, the other barrel extension is about 6-7 inches. To be more exact, it is 175 mm from the end to the outside of the flash hider. It unscrews right out, right in front of the front sight (so no need to remove the front sight to take off the barrel extension. I was not able to take any pictures, but hopefully this helped some people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users