• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 David Sanchez

David Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

This is my first airsoft gun.  Its a SR5.  I bought it "used".  It was never used in any games.  Pretty much brand new.  I know it has a TBB and different springs but not sure what kind.  I have only played 2 games but I have had a ton of fun and look forward to making many upgrades to this rifle.  I hear its kind of hard to find.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Im very new to the airsoft world.  Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostDavid Sanchez, on 14 August 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

This is my first airsoft gun.  Its a SR5.  I bought it "used".  It was never used in any games.  Pretty much brand new.  I know it has a TBB and different springs but not sure what kind.  I have only played 2 games but I have had a ton of fun and look forward to making many upgrades to this rifle.  I hear its kind of hard to find.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Im very new to the airsoft world.  Thanks!
Hi David - Welcome to the KWA Forums and congratulations on your first KWA AEG!  The KM4 SR5 is my favorite CQB gun.  My son and I each have one.  Unfortunately, the SR5 is no longer in production.  But that's not a big deal because everything in your gun, with the exception of the inner short barrel are rail, is found in or on the current KWA production models.  Before we make recommendations, what do you want to use the gun for primarily?  What's your style of play?  One observation, I would determine if any mods have been made to the gun e.g., inner barrel.  And would get a different battery to fit in the crane stock.

#3 David Sanchez

David Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thanks gcw360!  I think that's awesome you and your son play. I know the inner barrel has been replaced to a 6.03 mm. Last time I chronod it it was around 375. I'd like to make it multi purpose I guess. My "go to gun". I haven't really found a style yet. I'd like to paint it back to the factory black and change the stock to maybe a magpul one. I have seen a few pics of some sr5s with different rails that looked really good. And I guess above all I want it to be accurate.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Post moved to appropriate forum.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostDavid Sanchez, on 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Thanks gcw360!  I think that's awesome you and your son play. I know the inner barrel has been replaced to a 6.03 mm. Last time I chronod it it was around 375. I'd like to make it multi purpose I guess. My "go to gun". I haven't really found a style yet. I'd like to paint it back to the factory black and change the stock to maybe a magpul one. I have seen a few pics of some sr5s with different rails that looked really good. And I guess above all I want it to be accurate.
With it firing around 375 I'm guessing it has a KWA m120 spring in it.  The SR5's came with them early on. I would leave your crane stock as is.  A Magpul stock will require rewiring.  As far as accuracy, a good tight bore will help there and one of the best around is the KM Head 6.02 found in the Pro Shop.  I know you said there is a 6.03 in your gun now but depending on the make and model you may find a significant improvement with the KM Head.

While you can't buy the KWA paint, I have found that Krylon Ultra-Flat Camouflage does a nice job.  Just be sure to prime and let the finish coat dry for a week!  This is the black I used on my SR5 and am very pleased with it.

#6 David Sanchez

David Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

thanks so much.  Ill have to get me some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users