#1 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hey guys

Unfortunately when I took apart my trigger set couple weeks ago I managed to break the c clip holding down the full auto sear which is part 209 and stripped the magazine release screw part 185. Luckily I was able to remove the stripped screw.

Problem is that the pro shop does not have the c clip in stock, does anyone if part 207 c clip that holds down the piston will fit?? Or does anyone know if i can use something else instead of the c clip to hold the pin?  

Oh and for the magazine release screw anyone know if I can find it in a hardware store?

Thanks guys!!
Ying :clap:

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Postmr.ying, on 14 August 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Hey guys

Unfortunately when I took apart my trigger set couple weeks ago I managed to break the c clip holding down the full auto sear which is part 209 and stripped the magazine release screw part 185. Luckily I was able to remove the stripped screw.

Problem is that the pro shop does not have the c clip in stock, does anyone if part 207 c clip that holds down the piston will fit?? Or does anyone know if i can use something else instead of the c clip to hold the pin?  

Oh and for the magazine release screw anyone know if I can find it in a hardware store?

Thanks guys!!
Ying :clap:
You are more apt to find the "c" clip in a hardware store.  I would call KWA directly and act if they can find the parts for you.

Telephone Numbers:
  • 1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
  • 1.626.581.0777 (Fax)

For Questions / Warranty / Order Status / Parts Request / Returns

Service Hours:

• Monday thru Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm (PST)
  • Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays - Closed

Address:

KWA USA
18571 E. Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
USA

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

The autosear C-clip (209) is the same part that holds the dust cover hinge rod.  Take it that C-clip (carefully) to a good hardware store and get a couple of spares.  You can run without the dust cover, but not the auto sear.  Hopefully someone will come up with a local replacement for the magazine catch button screw.

Many M4 parts will fit on the KM4.  You may want to try the M4 ejection port C-clip and see if it fits.  I won't have time until next week to try.  The autosear pin on the M4 is secured by one leg of the trigger spring.

Needless disassembly of these guns is asking for lost parts.  And there are many more parts -- mostly tiny! -- in the LM4 than the real M4!  Soldiers are forbidden to disassemble their M4s beyond field stripping for this very same reason.  :)

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 15 August 2013 - 02:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users