A+ REAPS or Maple Leaf hopup bucking, any experiences?

hop up bucking

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

...or should I just stick to KWA OE hopup bucking?  I searched here and can't seem to find anything on the REAPS or Maple leaf bucking.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

choochoo, on 12 August 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

...or should I just stick to KWA OE hopup bucking?  I searched here and can't seem to find anything on the REAPS or Maple leaf bucking.
What are your engagement distances?  Frankly, if you are shooting CQB in the 50 foot range I wouldn't change a thing....but that's me.   The KMP9 simply isn't designed for long engagement, regardless of whether or not the REAPS or ML would allow for that.

#3 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yes, so far, exclusively CQB, usually under 50ft but sometimes as far as 75ft.  this weekend when I was doing some target shooting in the backyard, at about 45~50ft, I noticed that even with the hopup turned down, I was getting a handful of flyers (would come in bunches of ~5 shots).  This is using 0.25gm G&G bio bbs.  I'll try this again with 0.25 KWA bbs this weekend.  This seemed to happen less with the angry gun inner/outer barrel extension.  But, I'm also planning to use this gun outdoor.  I'd like to at least engage people accurately at 100~150ft.  I'm in the process of rebuilding the stock bolt and while i'm getting parts for that, I was considering replacing the hopup bucking too.  Just trying to see if there are better alternatives to the KWA OE bucking.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

choochoo, on 12 August 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Yes, so far, exclusively CQB, usually under 50ft but sometimes as far as 75ft.  this weekend when I was doing some target shooting in the backyard, at about 45~50ft, I noticed that even with the hopup turned down, I was getting a handful of flyers (would come in bunches of ~5 shots).  This is using 0.25gm G&G bio bbs.  I'll try this again with 0.25 KWA bbs this weekend.  This seemed to happen less with the angry gun inner/outer barrel extension.  But, I'm also planning to use this gun outdoor.  I'd like to at least engage people accurately at 100~150ft.  I'm in the process of rebuilding the stock bolt and while i'm getting parts for that, I was considering replacing the hopup bucking too.  Just trying to see if there are better alternatives to the KWA OE bucking.
Try .3 KWAs and what is the FPS you are firing at now with .2s?  Also, how long is the total inner barrel?  Why are you rebuilding the stock bolt?  Sorry for all the questions.

#5 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Right now it's got the CQB bolt installed.  So, it's shooting around 320-330fps with 0.20gm bbs on the local cqb chrono.  I use 0.25gm kwa bbs normally and 0.25gm G&G bio bbs when shooting in the backyard.  The inner barrel is stock.  I normally use the angry gun barrel extension (i seem to get better accuracy but I seem to lose 20fps, weird...)
I'm rebuilding the stock bolt because I want to use it for outdoors where the fps limit around here is 400fps.  The return springs on the stock bolt are smashed and the cylinder looks very worn.  Remember that thread where I was asking you about the cylinder return springs part number?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

choochoo, on 12 August 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Right now it's got the CQB bolt installed.  So, it's shooting around 320-330fps with 0.20gm bbs on the local cqb chrono.  I use 0.25gm kwa bbs normally and 0.25gm G&G bio bbs when shooting in the backyard.  The inner barrel is stock.  I normally use the angry gun barrel extension (i seem to get better accuracy but I seem to lose 20fps, weird...)
I'm rebuilding the stock bolt because I want to use it for outdoors where the fps limit around here is 400fps.  The return springs on the stock bolt are smashed and the cylinder looks very worn.  Remember that thread where I was asking you about the cylinder return springs part number?
Hmmm.  I would finish the rebuild and use .3 KWA BBs.  From there you can determine if a bucking swap is worth a try.  In all honesty, the posts I've read have not been all that favorable for the REAPS or ML in short barreled guns.

#7 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

just ordered the parts from the proshop and some 0.3gm bbs.  we'll see how it goes.

#8 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

I put a reaps in my mp7.  The gain in range was minimal.  I did drop 10 fps though..  The problem with KWA buckings is they soak up silicone like no other bucking. If you have the gun apart and picked up a new bucking, reaps 10 bucks, then throw it in while its apart.  I personally needed a new bucking and changed it because of that.

#9 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

yeah, I ended up getting all OE parts.
haven't put in the new bucking in yet.  But, I noticed I couldn't use the new nozzle that I ordered.
The inner diameter is too small.  Were there two different sizes of the green seal?  It doesn't go in unless I really force it in.
Posted Image

I ended up reusing the old nozzle. See old nozzle on top, new on bottom (plastic material looks thicker).
Posted Image

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

The new cylinder and seal are 14mm.  You need to order the orange 14mm seal.  The old green one was 15mm.

#11 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

ahhhhh, gotcha.   thanks.

#12 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

To update, I ordered a A+ inner barrel w/ REAPS bucking kit from ehobbyasia as an experiment. Hopefully, it'll help with the accuracy and increase fps slightly.  I'll report back when I have it installed.

Also, for this week, I'll be playing at a field with 400fps limits.  After putting the stock bolt back on (among other things....  broken hammer fiasco.... don't ask.....)  the gun is CRAZY loud.   I've only shot with the CQB bolt and the gun has a tendency to scare people already.  The gun now sounds almost like an unmuffled .22.  My wife said it was loud and I was in the garage and she was three rooms away, seperated by three doors.  It also seems to be shooting way hotter.  Now it could be that the green gas was in my garage all day and it's been in the upper 90's the last few days.  Could that be it?  Is this gun just normally really loud?  Or is there something wrong with the gun?  I dont' have a chrono, so I don't know how hot it's shooting (I'll find out tonight).

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

choochoo, on 27 August 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

To update, I ordered a A+ inner barrel w/ REAPS bucking kit from ehobbyasia as an experiment. Hopefully, it'll help with the accuracy and increase fps slightly.  I'll report back when I have it installed.

Also, for this week, I'll be playing at a field with 400fps limits.  After putting the stock bolt back on (among other things....  broken hammer fiasco.... don't ask.....)  the gun is CRAZY loud.   I've only shot with the CQB bolt and the gun has a tendency to scare people already.  The gun now sounds almost like an unmuffled .22.  My wife said it was loud and I was in the garage and she was three rooms away, seperated by three doors.  It also seems to be shooting way hotter.  Now it could be that the green gas was in my garage all day and it's been in the upper 90's the last few days.  Could that be it?  Is this gun just normally really loud?  Or is there something wrong with the gun?  I dont' have a chrono, so I don't know how hot it's shooting (I'll find out tonight).
It's all good.  One of the best things about the KMP9 is how loud it is!  The FPS would also be high if the GG can was in the 90 degree range.

#14 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

the kmp9 has a built in amplifier on the end of the outer barrel. The way that style of amplifier works, is that the more air passing through, the louder it is. Obviously, if the gun is using more gas per shot to get a higher fps, it is pushing the gas at a faster speed and making a louder noise :)

#15 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

just came in from HK
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Just from initial inspection, looks like a stainless steel barrel or high quality.  The rubber of the hop up bucking is definitely a higher density rubber than the stock KWA bucking.  I'll try to get it installed this weekend.  We'll see how it goes.

#16 PJ-P09

PJ-P09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

choochoo, on 30 August 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Just from initial inspection, looks like a stainless steel barrel or high quality.  The rubber of the hop up bucking is definitely a higher density rubber than the stock KWA bucking.  I'll try to get it installed this weekend.  We'll see how it goes.
If you can please make different tests, i mean, try A+ HopUp assistant device with the stock kwa hopup to see if it make some difference, i'm about to make an order and i'm not sure if that will work fine...

One question... the A+ inner barrel is the same length as the kwa stock barrel? as i read is a bit larger..

#17 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I didn't have a chance to install it this weekend.  I did get the A+ hopup assistant too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hop up bucking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users