Putting USP Magazine back in place (Bottom Valve Part)

USP magazine valve stuck

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hello Community,

I received two USP Magazines last week from a local vendor, one being USA, and one being from Taiwan.

When I filled them up they both started splurging everywhere (filling with GG, with the valve facing upwards)

I soon goggled videos and other guides, and I got to disassemble it completely, and let the square seals cure in a bag of silicon oil over night. That and cleaning the magazines out.

Now the day of I go down to my work shop, and I honestly for two hours straight could not get the bottom pieces to go back in.

Does anyone have any kind suggestions? haha..

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Posted Image

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

I use a carpenter's wood clamp to apply pressure on the top and bottom which allows for alignment of the holes to get the pins to go in.
Posted Image

Another technique is to grab the mag lean the bottom against the side of a bench and have someone else insert the pins.  While it's not impossible, it's not easy and best left to a Pro if possible.

#3 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postgcw360, on 12 August 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

I use a carpenter's wood clamp to apply pressure on the top and bottom which allows for alignment of the holes to get the pins to go in.
Posted Image

Another technique is to grab the mag lean the bottom against the side of a bench and have someone else insert the pins.  While it's not impossible, it's not easy and best left to a Pro if possible.

Hi GCW,

I will go look for clamps today, I assume I should pick up clamps, and not a Vise.

Thanks!

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostBioRage, on 12 August 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hi GCW,

I will go look for clamps today, I assume I should pick up clamps, and not a Vise.

Thanks!
Yes.  And the way these clamps work is you can adjust the jaws on an angle so you can obtain a good "purchase" on the top and bottom of the mag by matching their slope or angle.  FYI, the picture I sent you isn't an endorsement of that particular brand.  The ones I have came out of an old machine shop and are probably 75 years old.  That said, you do not need to pay a lot for them so shop around.

#5 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Postgcw360, on 12 August 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Yes.  And the way these clamps work is you can adjust the jaws on an angle so you can obtain a good "purchase" on the top and bottom of the mag by matching their slope or angle.  FYI, the picture I sent you isn't an endorsement of that particular brand.  The ones I have came out of an old machine shop and are probably 75 years old.  That said, you do not need to pay a lot for them so shop around.

Hey GCW,

Thanks for the reply,

I was looking at this one.

Link 1

Do you have any opinions?

Thanks.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostBioRage, on 12 August 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Hey GCW,

Thanks for the reply,

I was looking at this one.

Link 1

Do you have any opinions?

Thanks.
No, you need the wooded cabinet maker type that allows for differential tightening of the jaws.  This allows for one wnt to be angled;  It needs to be like this one: http://www.hardwarea...CFYui4AodYxoAHw

FYI, the one I linked to is the standard and "go to" one for quality.  If you aren't going to be doing this much, try the second option with a friend helping to compress the base while you insert the pins....

#7 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postgcw360, on 12 August 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

No, you need the wooded cabinet maker type that allows for differential tightening of the jaws.  This allows for one wnt to be angled;  It needs to be like this one: http://www.hardwarea...CFYui4AodYxoAHw

FYI, the one I linked to is the standard and "go to" one for quality.  If you aren't going to be doing this much, try the second option with a friend helping to compress the base while you insert the pins....

Thanks for the reply! I'll try and look for one locally here first before ordering from the states!

Also this is my issue.. https://dl.dropboxus...0812_223522.mp4

Speaking with the vendor now >_>

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Sorry bro, but those mags are leaking, I suspect, because they do not have the fill valve o-ring in place.  You did not (do not) need to take them apart.  Just put in a new o-ring.  Look at the fill valve of the one that doesn't leak and compare it the the two that are leaking.  The one that isn't leaking should have a small black o-ring that is lacking in the two that are having fill issues.

Now, in your OP you say that you received these mags, the ones that do not fill correctly, from local vendors.  Where as in the video, you say you received them from KWA.  I can guarantee you that mags from KWA come with the fill valve o-ring in place. It's a standard QC check.  An o-ring missing is usually due to it popping out during a gas fill either at the vendor or with the end user.  I would consider checking back with the vendors you used to see if they will send you some o-rings.

#9 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

View Postgcw360, on 12 August 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Sorry bro, but those mags are leaking, I suspect, because they do not have the fill valve o-ring in place.  You did not (do not) need to take them apart.  Just put in a new o-ring.  Look at the fill valve of the one that doesn't leak and compare it the the two that are leaking.  The one that isn't leaking should have a small black o-ring that is lacking in the two that are having fill issues.

Now, in your OP you say that you received these mags, the ones that do not fill correctly, from local vendors.  Where as in the video, you say you received them from KWA.  I can guarantee you that mags from KWA come with the fill valve o-ring in place. It's a standard QC check.  An o-ring missing is usually due to it popping out during a gas fill either at the vendor or with the end user.  I would consider checking back with the vendors you used to see if they will send you some o-rings.

Thanks for the tips. Your saying the fill valve o-ring at the bottom correct? If that's the case, I placed a small o-ring at the bottom, but it seems that very few, to none GG goes in, I don't hear anything go in :s.

I'll have to dispute it with the retailer.

This is to replace the Jorgen one..

http://www.leevalley...t=1,43838,47843

Also about the magazines, I meant that one was bought from a local retailer (2x magazines) and the pistol was purchased from a another retailer.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostBioRage, on 13 August 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Thanks for the tips. Your saying the fill valve o-ring at the bottom correct? If that's the case, I placed a small o-ring at the bottom, but it seems that very few, to none GG goes in, I don't hear anything go in :s.

I'll have to dispute it with the retailer.

This is to replace the Jorgen one..

http://www.leevalley...t=1,43838,47843

Also about the magazines, I meant that one was bought from a local retailer (2x magazines) and the pistol was purchased from a another retailer.
Regarding your question, yes, the fill valve o-ring on the bottom. And those claps are just fine!  Good luck getting it all sorted out.

#11 BioRage

BioRage

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postgcw360, on 13 August 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Regarding your question, yes, the fill valve o-ring on the bottom. And those claps are just fine!  Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Hey GCW,

Thanks for the kind words! Do you think you could give me a quick Photo or guide on how you use this tool?

Picked up the 6", wasn't sure if I needed any bigger, was looking at the 8": too!

Thank you

Posted Image

Edited by BioRage, 13 August 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USP, magazine, valve, stuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users