• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

I am looking at a preowned KMP9 and want to be sure I know what I am getting.  Owner said the gun was purchased last year, which I assume puts it safely within the time after the NS2 models were released.  Are there any questions or certain things to look for with the KMP9s that I should know about before going through with the deal?  Thanks.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostNeil Engleman, on 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

I am looking at a preowned KMP9 and want to be sure I know what I am getting.  Owner said the gun was purchased last year, which I assume puts it safely within the time after the NS2 models were released.  Are there any questions or certain things to look for with the KMP9s that I should know about before going through with the deal?  Thanks.
Hi Neil - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Good news, all KMP9s have the NS2 system.  Regarding what to look for and questions to ask:
  • Test the gun - does it function properly e.g., semi and full-auto work, bolt locks back at the end of each mag, hop-up produces hop
  • Do the mags have the fill o-rings and do the followers lock down for BB filling?
  • Does he have to original box, paperwork and receipt?
  • Has the gun ever needed repair?
  • Has the gun had any mods?
  • What is the overall appearance of the gun?  This will help to determine how it was treated
  • Does the actuate smoothly?
  • What is the serial number of the gun?  It should contain "US" within it indicating a US model.  Without it, KWA will not do repair work on it at there US facility
Hope this helps.

#3 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the help!  I just noticed the NS2 system wasn't pushed in the older videos and advertisements I was seeing so I was being cautious.  I couldn't shoot it as it was an internet deal, but I did get a video of its function.  I received it only a few hours ago and after disassembling it and cleaning it up I shot about 150 rounds through it and it ran great.  Then I took it out again and broke my disconnector in the first mag.  Time to scour the internet to find one in stock I guess...

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostNeil Engleman, on 15 August 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Thanks for the help!  I just noticed the NS2 system wasn't pushed in the older videos and advertisements I was seeing so I was being cautious.  I couldn't shoot it as it was an internet deal, but I did get a video of its function.  I received it only a few hours ago and after disassembling it and cleaning it up I shot about 150 rounds through it and it ran great.  Then I took it out again and broke my disconnector in the first mag.  Time to scour the internet to find one in stock I guess...
CAll KWA first but if you can't find them in the states look at the Hong Kong shops like eHobbyAsia, WGC, Tokyo Model Co, Uncompany, Red Wolf

#5 Neil Engleman

Neil Engleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up on calling them!  They had them in stock after all.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostNeil Engleman, on 16 August 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up on calling them!  They had them in stock after all.
Glad ti hear it worked out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users