• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

First, I do understand this is a KWA Forum :P, but this is why I think its the best place to ask.

So I ordered a SR7 at evike. They are doing the awesome epic bonus deal right now and couldn't pass it up. Anyway, I assumed it was going to be released in August (like evike says it will) but I just found out recently that it isn't going to be released until November. I've heard KWA has had major delays in the past. This is a total bummer for me because I am dying to get my hands on the SR7.

I am in a pickle now. Every website I can find does not have the SR7 in stock. I canceled my preorder at Evike and now I am looking for an AEG that can compare to the SR7.

Any advice or information is appreciated as I am stuck and do not know what gun to buy.

Thanks!

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hey Brandon

I know that it sucks that SR7's are so difficult to find.  And I don't know about other brands that will be comparable to the KWA SR7 so I can't help you there.  One suggestion that I can make though is that you can always buy a KM4 Commando (rear wired) and just throw on a 7" RIS like a Madbull Daniel defense rails.  I haven't exactly calculated the total cost but it's always an option.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

The SR7 is a KM4 with a railed handguard and maybe a vertical front grip and some sights.  Other than those cosmetics it's a KM4 under the skin.  Settling for a Brand-X AEG just to get those parts makes no sense (to me, anyway) especially since none ot them offer increased performance, only looks.

I purchased a UTG railed handguard for about $30 and MagPul PTS sights are no more than than, probably closer to $15 for just the rear sight.

The top gun is an LM4 setup like my LWRC M6A1, not a KM4 but all the parts fit on the KM4.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 08 August 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#4 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

So the commando is basically the same gun as the sr7 except for certain externals? As long as they shoot exactly the same, I will buy the commando and upgrade. :)

I appreciate the help guys.

Edited by Brandon Zito, 08 August 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostBrandon Zito, on 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

So the commando is basically the same gun as the sr7 except for certain externals? As long as they shoot exactly the same, I will buy the commando and upgrade. :)

I appreciate the help guys.
I'm not sure which cylinder it has.  That's one I'll need to look into.

#6 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postgcw360, on 08 August 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'm not sure which cylinder it has.  That's one I'll need to look into.

If the only difference is the cylinder, I can definitely do that myself. I actually switched out the cylinder on my CQR Mod2 before I traded it.

#7 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

If I wanted to achieve something like this, all i would have to do is buy a longer rail, right? Or is there any modifications I would have to make?

Also any specific rails you guys recommend?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

The appropriate length rail should do it.  For instance, my son's RIS has an SR12 rail on it.

Posted Image

#9 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Awesome thanks!

I checked the manual for the sr7 and the commando and they both had the same spring and cylinder which is so far a good sign for me.

I'm pretty hard headed and I really need someone to say the commando and the sr7 is the same exact gun other than the rail system and other small externals before I build my own custom sr7. :P

Again, I appreciate all the help. You guys are awesome.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostBrandon Zito, on 09 August 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Awesome thanks!

I checked the manual for the sr7 and the commando and they both had the same spring and cylinder which is so far a good sign for me.

I'm pretty hard headed and I really need someone to say the commando and the sr7 is the same exact gun other than the rail system and other small externals before I build my own custom sr7. :P

Again, I appreciate all the help. You guys are awesome.
The only things that would be different are potentially the spring and cylinder.  I'm trying to find out the exact combination myself and without seeing it live it's difficult to do.

The SR7 has a type 1 cylinder with a KWA m100 spring.  I'm assuming because the specs and barrel length are the same for the Commando, it's outfitted the same way.  However I have heard rumors that the Commando may have a the CQR cylinder and an m120 spring.  Either way, the dependability of the gun is not compromised.  Once I hear more I will let you know.

#11 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

Will this rail work with the Commando? and if I wanted to achieve what the above SR7 looks like?

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=29447

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users