3 replies to this topic

#1 airsoft_lover

airsoft_lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hey guys, Im relatively new to these forums. Anyways, I picked up a new cqr mod 2 as a backup gun and wanted to put on a clone EOtech and decided on G&P because of their high quality products. I can't decide on the 551 or the 552 on amazon. The problem is I play cqb and outdoors. The 551 would be better for cqb and the 552 for a larger foresty area. What optic (551 or 552) would be a better choice for a player like me or would another optic be the right choice? If so could you guys recommend me an optic for under $100?

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

I think there are only external stylistic differences between these sights and other EoTech replicas.  Pick which one looks the koolest.  :)

Reroduction dot sights have vastly improved over the years but are still much less capable than the real thing.  They're usually less than 10% of the cost of course!

Problems with many reproduction EoTechs (and Aimpoints) is the translucent glass resulting in a dark image, and tiny LR4 watch batteries which they eat quickly.  Some use AA batteries.  The 552 battery compartment is large enough for AA batteries but I don't know if the G&P version uses them.  Plastic construction?.

-- Chuck

#3 airsoft_lover

airsoft_lover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for your help. G&P 552 uses AA batteries and 551 uses watch batteries. I have decided with the 552 and I recommend for you guys with an m4 style rifle to use a 552 instead of 551.

#4 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

If i saw this earlier i would have recommended a more shielded sight like an aimpoint for longer ranges. Outdoors, you dont want any reflection of the sun behind you into the glass.

Replica eotech sights dont have holographic technology, they use the same standard tech as every other airsoft red dot sight (except they seem to cost twice as much for some reason; for future reference i would suggest avoiding eotech replicas)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, CQR G&P EOtech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users