• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luke123

luke123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hi, guys. I've been having an issue with my KWA KM16BR lately. The internals are completely stock and are in good working order as far as I know. It has a brand new bucking and nub and uses clean KWA mid-cap magazines and KSC BBs. Everything should be perfect; it's not.

The problem is that the hop-up has virtually no effect on the BB's path. It slightly affects the trajectory, but, even with the hop-up turned all the way up, the BB can never lift upwards and drop down or even fly straightly. The BBs always drop at about 100 feet or less and are inconsistent.

I'm suspicious that this may be either caused or worsened by the FPS being lower than it should. The day I purchased the gun, the FPS was 398. After a few years, it is now shooting anywhere between 340-350 FPS with the hop-up turned all the way off and .2 gram BBs. (Is this normal?)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? Could a different bucking/nub help? I can't think of anything I could have done to cause this. I just suddenly noticed this one day. It wasn't something that seemed to gradually occur.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hi Luke 123 - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Sorry to hear you are having issues. Let's take them one at a time. I have a few questions.
  • How old is your gun?
  • Have you disassembled the hop-up or run a rod all the way through while cleaning?
  • What "new" hop-up and nub are you using?
  • Have you done any mods to the gun and if so what are they?
The lack of hop-up can be a missing nub (or even a weak nub) or a dirty bucking.  See here for some help: http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=8178

The loss of compression could be several things but if you are using a non-KWA replacement bucking that could be a likely culprit.  Others include a dirty barrel, an o-ring that needs stretching, or a compressed piston spring spring....or some or all of the above.  Please answer the questions and we will help you narrow things down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users