• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 oswald808

oswald808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yesterday i installed my custom 6.01 inner in my ltd. ed. 93r...
The first shot chronoed 476fps with propane, after more tests it seems to have settle around 430-450fps.  I'm still debating whether or not to do the LM4 rocket valve mod too just to see how high i can get it to shoot and then swap valve with my LM4...

Can't post pics yet because I don't have all the parts to finish the project.  My friend is bringing them with him from japan when he visits next month.

I might get the RA-Tech steel outter but I've heard steel and aluminum won't go together well so idk. I don't like the fact the whole gun is metal except for the outter barrel :mellow:

Edited by oswald808, 31 July 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

I just upgraded my KWA M93r II with RA steel outer barrel, it feels terrific!

Because the two outer barrels are wide difference, so it's necessary to upgrade it absolutely!

If you like it, just do it! :clap:

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostBilly1788, on 01 August 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Because the two outer barrels are wide difference, so it's necessary to upgrade it absolutely!

Can you elaborate a bit more regarding, "so it's necessary to upgrade it absolutely!". Thanks.

#4 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

It's not easy to elaborate it in this regard.

Brief to say, metal outer barrel not only LOOKs but also FEELs better than plastic outer barrel!

It's controversial that metal outer barrel does much more wear and tear to the other parts. In my opinion, rather than attributing this issue to metal outer barrel, why not taking the other parts into account. If the other parts are strong and hard enough, why does this unilateral wear and tear occur?! Needless to say airsoft gun, real one(even any mechanical equipment) does wear and tear. The problem is not at wear and tear itself, it should be at the balance of wear and tear.

Because of the unilateral wear and tear, the steel outer barrel should NOT be the best choice for this airsoft aluminum slide. Aluminum outer barrel is good enough, especially the 7075/6061 aluminum CNC slide and outer barrel set. But it's kinda expensive and hard to find in US.

Personally, if you are only a CQB fan, the original plastic outer barrel should be OK and it's not necessary to spend over 50 bucks for this steel outer barrel. If you want your M93r II looks and feels better, this steel outer barrel is the only choice here.  When you upgrade it, your M93r II has fully licensed trademarks(except for the KWA trademark) and is full metal-- that's really I want it to be, and you?!

By the way, I like KWA products but the trademark and plastic outer barrel!

Edited by Billy1788, 04 August 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#5 oswald808

oswald808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostBilly1788, on 01 August 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Was the install an easy swap or did you have to grind some parts of the barrel down? I've heard it requires some modification to fit...

#6 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

It's a piece of cake!

Only one thing l had to do was to modify and enlarge the pin hole with files, because it was small a bit.

Edited by Billy1788, 05 August 2013 - 07:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users