• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, shooting airsoft and real steel, shooting blue jays, knives, and mountain biking

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

so I got a new lower and I need to get the trigger guard off my old cqr lower and on to the new lower. I got the rear pin off (the closet to the pistol grip) but, I don't know how to take the front pin off (the one closest to magazine well). i don't know how to remove it so any help will be appreciated.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

The front pin is spring loaded so it can can be swung down and rest against the grip forestrap.  Used when wearing heavy gloves.

Push on the right side until the guard drops off.

Be EXTREMENLY CAREFUL with the rear roll pin, the ears on the receiver will break off is you smack them too hard.  Support the receive when driving in the roll pin.  5.56mm M4 Carbine receivers have been broken this way.

-- Chuck

#3 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, shooting airsoft and real steel, shooting blue jays, knives, and mountain biking

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

cool, thanks chuck. I already got the rear pin out with a pin punch, a small hammer and piece of 2 by 4 with a hole to catch the rear pin. I got that all taken care of already. I got it in the receiver, now I have to find out how to put the roll pin in. thanks again chuck.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:08 AM

Pounding in the rear roll pin is where guys break M16/AR15 lower receivers if they don't support both "ears."  Some lube (like CLP) on the holes helps.  As does cleaning out any of the finish in the holes and polishing the roll pin (spin it in a drill chuck and use fine sand paper to get it shiny).

-- Chuck

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Also make sure that the holes on the trigger guard and the lower receiver ears are aligned perfectly.  Don't just whack at it.  Light taps at first while visually checking and rechecking that everything is aligned.  And as Chuck mentioned use some lube on the pin and inside the holes to help the installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users