3 replies to this topic

#1 Oliver Santos

Oliver Santos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hey guys,

I'm new at this forum so i'll try to be really specific with my issue. I bought a KWA ATP in July 2012 and i ve been having some problems with it, a friend borrow me his and i decided just put it away, but i guess it will be cheaper to get it fixed than getting a new one.

Actually, it all started with an unwanted release drop of the magazine everytime i shot at least one bb. Then if i grab the mag (avoiding drop problem), the trigger is pushing so hard on the valve of the mag that makes all the gas come out, but this was happening after a couple of shots.

Finally, i can only shot one bb, cuz the trigger doesnt reset itself.. it stays like it was fired.

I want to know how can i fix all these issues, and  the diff parts i need to buy so i could get it done. Of course, if is reliable.

Tks!

Oliver

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostOliver Santos, on 30 July 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I'm new at this forum so i'll try to be really specific with my issue. I bought a KWA ATP in July 2012 and i ve been having some problems with it, a friend borrow me his and i decided just put it away, but i guess it will be cheaper to get it fixed than getting a new one.

Actually, it all started with an unwanted release drop of the magazine everytime i shot at least one bb. Then if i grab the mag (avoiding drop problem), the trigger is pushing so hard on the valve of the mag that makes all the gas come out, but this was happening after a couple of shots.

Finally, i can only shot one bb, cuz the trigger doesnt reset itself.. it stays like it was fired.

I want to know how can i fix all these issues, and  the diff parts i need to buy so i could get it done. Of course, if is reliable.

Tks!

Oliver
Hi Oliver - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  I have moved your post to appropriate thread so you will get more views.

Regarding the trigger not resetting, it could be as easy as part #67 (Trigger Reset Spring) not being in place or damaged.  Regarding the mags dropping out, it sounds like the mag catch is not engaging.  That said, without seeing the gun first hand it's very difficult to be certain what exactly is the issue.

Here are two PDFs:

Owners Manual: http://www.kwausa.co...P/mmd16_atp.pdf
Parts Diagram: http://www.kwausa.co.../cr_p09_atp.jpg

These will help you to identify and name the parts of your gun.  Hopefully they will also help you identify what parts are not working properly.

#3 Oliver Santos

Oliver Santos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

Tks!!, where can i find this part? and in what forum can i read more about ATP's problems?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostOliver Santos, on 30 July 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Tks!!, where can i find this part? and in what forum can i read more about ATP's problems?
First I have a question, was part #67 missing or damaged?  You are now on the ATP forum but all of the ATP related topics are found here: http://www.kwausa.co...hp?showforum=44

The part, I assume you mean #67, can be purchased through KWA directly so long as it is in stock.  I would call or write them to determine availability:

For Questions, Warranty Service, RMA, and ProShop:
http://www.kwausa.com/support
Telephone Numbers
1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
1.626.581.0777 (Fax)
Address
KWA PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIES, INC.
18571 E. Gale Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
USA
Operating Hours
Monday to Friday
8:30AM-5:30PM PST

Note: Orders can be taken and paid for over the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users