What to look for when buying a used KWA.

used kwa sr7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys. I am somewhat new to this forum. I've always came here to answer most of my questions but just never made an account.

Anyways, I am buying a used KWA SR7. Some people aren't always truthful when describing their product so does anyone have any tips on what to look for when buying a used AEG? I have always bought brand new and have no idea if I am getting a good deal or not.

Any help is appreciated!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,712 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostBrandon Zito, on 24 July 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hey guys. I am somewhat new to this forum. I've always came here to answer most of my questions but just never made an account.

Anyways, I am buying a used KWA SR7. Some people aren't always truthful when describing their product so does anyone have any tips on what to look for when buying a used AEG? I have always bought brand new and have no idea if I am getting a good deal or not.

Any help is appreciated!
Assume the worst and my cheap!  Really, there is no telling what's been done to the gun internally unless you can go in for a look.

#3 Brandon Zito

Brandon Zito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postgcw360, on 25 July 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

Assume the worst and my cheap!  Really, there is no telling what's been done to the gun internally unless you can go in for a look.

Thank you for the reply! I actually just said screw it, and buy a brand new KWA SR7 from Evike. Its on preorder but it says it'll arrive in August.

But in the mean time, I am actually trading my KWA CQR for a KWA Mp7 that is about a year old. First GBB I would be owning from KWA but I have only heard great things about the MP7. How long do they usually last would you say in terms of years and rounds put through it assuming it was well maintained?

Sorry for crazy questions. College student and just want to make sure every decision I make is somewhat worth it :)

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

My KWA SR10 has fired over 150K rounds with only one piston change.  I still have the original gears and motor that the gun came with.  With proper maintenance your KWA guns will last you a VERY long time.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

The gas guns are mechanically simple compared to AEGs.  Maintenance items in GBB seem largely O-rings and keeping them clean.  There is wear in the recoiling parts but that can be limited with proper lubrication.  Most of us will never crack the gearbosx in an AEB but we can easily disassemble gas guns to service O-rings and other small parts.

Gas guns are more expensive to operate since you need gas as well as BBs but are more satisfying to shoot (for me) due to their recoiling parts and limited magazine capacities.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users