KWA USP Cyinder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RogueSpartan7

RogueSpartan7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Hunting, Mountain Climbing, Stuff.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm having a whole bunch of problems with my KWA USP full size. I'm way past warranty and I've replaced 6 parts, 2 of which came from the magazine.

Recently my hop up bucking went bad (Never lubricated it at all) and I replaced it with REAPS (Never doing that again) and I plan on going back to the KWA bucking. But my loading nozzle/cylinder wont return when I rack the slide.

When the slide is locked back, the cylinder is just hanging there, and when I give it a little push back, it springs backwards to where it should be.

Also when I slowly let the slide forward, the cylinder randomly springs back where it should be. But it still causes problems with gas consumption.

Someone please help, I can't find any other thread with this problem.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi RS - Welcome to the KWA forums.  The cylinder not springing back, assuming it's not stuck in the hop-up bucking, is typically either from a broken or damaged cylinder return spring or the cylinder needs lubrication.  Hopefully, it's the latter.  Here is a video that should help with proper maintenance.  See here: http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=3157

Watch the whole video but at around 2 min 30 sec. you will see the cylinder sticking.  Let us know if this works.

#3 RogueSpartan7

RogueSpartan7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I forgot to mention that the springs are OK. I'm going to buy a KWA hop up bucking and hopefully that will stop the cylinder from being stuck in the hop up rubber.

I DID have that problem when I got the REAPS bucking. But I carefully filed and then sanded down the cylinder nozzle until it wouldn't get stuck.

Maybe I need to do some more filing and sanding. I'd like to post a picture but it's too big of a file.

I'll post after I'm done with some spit and shine.

Thanks!

#4 RogueSpartan7

RogueSpartan7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just checked, everything's lubed, the springs are good to go, and the bucking still sucks (Thanks REAPS).

It still is just hanging there. There's lube in the action and in the gas system and it just doesn't want to work normally.

I originally thought something's catching on it from the trigger mechanism but nope!

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostRogueSpartan7, on 26 July 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Just checked, everything's lubed, the springs are good to go, and the bucking still sucks (Thanks REAPS).

It still is just hanging there. There's lube in the action and in the gas system and it just doesn't want to work normally.

I originally thought something's catching on it from the trigger mechanism but nope!
Time to replace the bucking!

#6 RogueSpartan7

RogueSpartan7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yep, I just hope that the word gets out that people SHOULDN'T buy the REAPS bucking for the KWA USP. Maybe don't buy it at all. They're too hard for the low FPS that GBBs produce. It would be better suiting for, maybe, a CO2 pistol.

I'll make an order for a new bucking. And if the problems continue, I'm out of luck.

I'll keep you posted, thank you for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users