• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Lai Ken Liong

Brian Lai Ken Liong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

As stated above, is it possible to swap the Mark 2's current guide rod with a full length guide rod (FLGR)? In this case, will a aftermarket Marui 1911 spring guide work? (Link below) Or can i purchase the parts from KWA? I really think it makes the gun look aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion).

http://shop.ehobbyas...-m1911-gbb.html

or

http://shop.ehobbyas...-m1911a1-1.html

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

I wouldn't recommend putting in spring systems that are made for other airsoft companies just because the parts aren't compatible, meaning that even if you did manage to get the full length guide rod in there (the first link, the guide rod's hole is way too big to fit onto the little notch in the barrel),  even if you do fit the guide rod in, the spring is tuned for a marui styled recoil. There's a certain amount of tension the spring must have to compensate for the blowback. I'm sure KWA 1911's felt recoil and Marui 1911's felt recoil are different.

I'd purchase Mk IV parts straight from KWA and hope for the best. There was a forum member who turned a FLGR MK IV into a Springfield Operator with a standard bushing and guide rod plug... although not proven to work the other way around, I'm ASSUMING it's possible as long as you buy KWA parts straight from the pro shop.

#3 Brian Lai Ken Liong

Brian Lai Ken Liong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

Thanks. I'll post my results once i've done it.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

Brian --

Want to swap?  I have the FLGR in my Mark I and was going to buy the standard system to match my .45ACP and 9mm versions.

We just need to exchange the recoil springs, guide and recoil plug.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 20 July 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostChuck S, on 20 July 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Brian --

Want to swap?  I have the FLGR in my Mark I and was going to buy the standard system to match my .45ACP and 9mm versions.

We just need to exchange the recoil springs, guide and recoil plug.

-- Chuck
A PM would be good at this point please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users