Jump to content


auto/semi selector switch


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 drudog

drudog

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greensboro, NC
  • Interests:Family, Airsoft, surf kayaking
  • Country:

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Just got my ATP auto in from airsoft GI. The selector switch when switching between semi and auto sticks a little. Hard to explain, when looking at the action underneath the slide the small bar that goes back and forth when changing appears to slant thus causing it to stick. this is remedied by pushing in on the switch while changing modes. like i said, hard to explain.

#2 disturbed0013

disturbed0013

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:new york
  • Country:

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

On the atp auto your suppose to have the slide pulled back to switch from semi to auto

#3 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

View Postdisturbed0013, on 19 July 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

On the atp auto your suppose to have the slide pulled back to switch from semi to auto
Yes, and the switch moves more easily if you are pushing it in towards the slide while rotating.

#4 Unknownman

Unknownman

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country:

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I have the same issue but i see the problem. I just received my atp auto today. The problem is the small spring in the back. One of the spring arms gets in the way of the cross bar that moves when using the selector switch. I feel this must be a manufacturing error and the spring arm probably shoyldnt be resting there. Can someone help me figure out how to get this fixed?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostUnknownman, on 05 August 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I have the same issue but i see the problem. I just received my atp auto today. The problem is the small spring in the back. One of the spring arms gets in the way of the cross bar that moves when using the selector switch. I feel this must be a manufacturing error and the spring arm probably shoyldnt be resting there. Can someone help me figure out how to get this fixed?
Are you switching the selector with the slide locked back?  Also, if you could post a picture of the issue that would be very helpful.

#6 jcleland

jcleland

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

I definitely need to push in a little switching to semi. The mechanism behind the hammer jams if you don't apply some pressure to the switch. I've tried a few work-arounds, no luck so far. There's a rod that actuates mechanism on both sides of the slide. The non-switch side is free-floating and just doesn't want to move sometimes. There is load on it, which doesn't help (it's moving a latch).

#7 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

View Postjcleland, on 29 August 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

I definitely need to push in a little switching to semi. The mechanism behind the hammer jams if you don't apply some pressure to the switch. I've tried a few work-arounds, no luck so far. There's a rod that actuates mechanism on both sides of the slide. The non-switch side is free-floating and just doesn't want to move sometimes. There is load on it, which doesn't help (it's moving a latch).
Pushing in when switching from auto to semi is normal.

#8 jcleland

jcleland

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postgcw360, on 29 August 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Pushing in when switching from auto to semi is normal.

Good to know, probably in the manual :) Thanks!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users