• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Axil

Axil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys, I've been using the KWA USP Tactical for about a year now with absolutely no complaints, but I'm looking into getting a new sidearm that's a bit less bulkier than the USP and I really cannot decide between the three I've narrowed it down to.

I'm looking for the most durable sidearm and that's really the only important thing about it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 disturbed0013

disturbed0013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

MK IV hands down, especially with the new 21 rnd mags

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

All are great choices, just gotta hold them and see which feels most comfortable in the hand... but here are some facts:
ATP mag: 23 rounds. (can be upgraded to 49 round FPG mag)
M226 mag: 24 rounds
MK Series: 21 (13) rounds

Some MK series guns will still come with the 13 round magazine... that is if you order from a retailer and they don't specify which model you are receiving, updated or not.

I'd go for the ATP Auto..... 49 rounds and full auto sounds like blast to me.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

If you want something lighter and/or less bulky, I'd consider the ATP. Very light and ergonomic sidearm.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

I love the 226's ergonomics.  The MKIV is more reliable IMO.  But I use the ATP as my go to field piece.  It's simple, and has less to mess you up while under pressure.    Decisions, decisions...

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

The 226 is definitely the most comfortable gun to hold for me. All three have rails to mount accessories. I fire my MK II 1911 with my supporting left hand tilted thumbs forward method, that way I can index the button on my light if need be. It's the most ergonomic to shoot with this method on the 1911, just because it points so well.... but easily doable on the other two platforms.

The M9 is a solid performer as well... you may want to check that out as well?
///
Sup Aaps59? welcome back. ;)

Edited by Outlaw1995, 13 July 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#7 Axil

Axil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Oh dear this is hard.

Between the MKIV and the M226 which one is bigger/wider?

@gcw360 what do you mean by more reliable?

Thanks again guys for all the advice!

#8 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

I can fill my ATP mags 4-5x with bbs before needing to put more green gas in them.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostAxil, on 24 July 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Oh dear this is hard.

Between the MKIV and the M226 which one is bigger/wider?

@gcw360 what do you mean by more reliable?

Thanks again guys for all the advice!
I feel like the 226 is wider than the 1911 and the ATP.  Though the ATP has an interchangeable back-strap that makes adjusting the grip a nice option.  If you want a bigger grip on the 1911 add a Pachmayr  grip.  Regarding reliability, the 226 has had it's issues over the years and can be hit or miss. Though if your gun fails it has a 45day warranty.  If you can, I would first test fire the gun it at the store.  Regarding the 1911, just don't dry fire it or you can dislodge the firing pin.  Otherwise its a solid gun.

#10 Axil

Axil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 July 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I feel like the 226 is wider than the 1911 and the ATP.  Though the ATP has an interchangeable back-strap that makes adjusting the grip a nice option.  If you want a bigger grip on the 1911 add a Pachmayr  grip.  Regarding reliability, the 226 has had it's issues over the years and can be hit or miss. Though if your gun fails it has a 45day warranty.  If you can, I would first test fire the gun it at the store.  Regarding the 1911, just don't dry fire it or you can dislodge the firing pin.  Otherwise its a solid gun.

So from the looks of it, fieldability, durability, and size would go to the ATP ? I can't really test out the guns because I order mine, but I think I might go with the ATP then.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostAxil, on 24 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

So from the looks of it, fieldability, durability, and size would go to the ATP ? I can't really test out the guns because I order mine, but I think I might go with the ATP then.
Most bang for the buck without a doubt, no pun intended. And you can add an FPG long mag for 48 rounds of fun!

#12 Axil

Axil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postgcw360, on 24 July 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Most bang for the buck without a doubt, no pun intended. And you can add an FPG long mag for 48 rounds of fun!

Well I'm sold. Will be getting the ATP very soon. I think I'm going to go with the Semi Version and get an extra magazine with the money I save as opposed to the Auto.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it!

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,300 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

I have both.  My son loves the auto, I prefer the semi, they are both great though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users