• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oldpouto

Oldpouto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I recently got this gun and I love it, My problem is that sometimes it shoots 2 BB's with one trigger pull, it looks like the mag is feeding two of them in the chamber at once somehow because I tested it multiple times by putting 10 BB's in the mag and shooting them in single fire and counting how many shots I get. I often got 8 or 9 shots out of 10 and every one of them fired something (hard to tell if it was 1 or 2 bbs as I was shooting in a pool at close range) And there were no stuck bb's anywhere they all shot out of the barrel only that some of them shot two at the time. What could cause this and how to fix this?

#2 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

I to am experiencing this problem with a relatively new mp7.  I don't know if its because the hop up is not on or the bucking swelled?

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostOldpouto, on 08 July 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I recently got this gun and I love it, My problem is that sometimes it shoots 2 BB's with one trigger pull, it looks like the mag is feeding two of them in the chamber at once somehow because I tested it multiple times by putting 10 BB's in the mag and shooting them in single fire and counting how many shots I get. I often got 8 or 9 shots out of 10 and every one of them fired something (hard to tell if it was 1 or 2 bbs as I was shooting in a pool at close range) And there were no stuck bb's anywhere they all shot out of the barrel only that some of them shot two at the time. What could cause this and how to fix this?
I'm guessing that either the hop-up is up too high or the bucking is swollen.  Either way the result is basically the same, the occasional jammed BB and double feed.

#4 Oldpouto

Oldpouto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

There is no BB jamming, as I said, I put 10 BBs in the mag and get 8-9 shots... There is no dry shot...
My theory is that the BBs enter and exit the mag too easily and an extra BB might be blown into the barrel as the bolt is blown back... Unfortunately I don't have a high speed camera to check if i'm right, but if I am, finding a way to tighten the mag opening might do the trick...

#5 MustacheJason

MustacheJason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Battlefield, JROTC

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't know if its because the hop up is not on or the bucking swelled?

Well, the MP7's hop up is notorious for breaking. I use my MP7 for my local CQB field where shots are taken from 5-45 feet (yes it's that small), so i don't adjust the hopup.

What could cause this and how to fix this?

Check to see if the mags are double stacked. Not having a double stacked mag COULD cause the problem you have. Other than that, it may be hop up as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mp7, shoots, 2 bb, 2 bbs, at once

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users