CQR MOD 1 - electrical issues, no sound.

fuse connections kwa cqr mod electric problem issue no sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 purplepedro

purplepedro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi. About 6-7 months ago i bought a lightly used cqr mod 1 from a friend of mine. no more than 5k bbs through it. Shot wonderfully, no problems whatsoever and the gearbox and warranty are still in tact. played with it for a period of about 4 months or so pretty lightly indoor. Maybe 10k rounds. Still working flawlessly. during a move, i couldnt play for about 2 months and when i charged my brand new tenergy 9.6v and stuck it in the gun, i get NOTHING. no sound whatsoever. i have checked the motor connections and fuse(and replaced the fuse) and still nothing. id really like this great gun back :( what is wrong with it and what should i do?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

At this point the problem can be any number of things but just to eliminate a few possibilities lets try this.
Remove the motor from the grip and reattach the motor terminal wires.  Then connect the battery and while you are holding the motor with your fingers firmly (the motor will JUMP when trigger is pulled) pull the trigger see if you get a response from the motor.  If the motor jumps and cycles it could be that you have a damaged battery or just not charged enough to crank the motor while under load.
Or you could have a locked gearbox but I doubt that this is it since it just quit working when you pulled it out from not using it for awhile.  Try another battery.  I have a feeling that either your battery is not able to hold charge or your charger is not charging your battery especially if you have one of those cheap wall chargers.
Try it and let us know what you find.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuse, connections, kwa cqr, mod, electric, problem, issue, no sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users