3 replies to this topic

#1 Øscar Rødriguez

Øscar Rødriguez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, airsoft, just that :D

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

well ive been checking stuff and since im trying to convert my CQR into a DMR i was going to get a 590mm 6.01 tbb, yet, ive seen on many forums that some gearboxes need a ported cylinder, a better nozzle, stuff like that. should  my CQR require upgrade before the tbb?

#2 EzDeezer

EzDeezer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Its been said many times before that barrel length=/= range and it is true, I would not go above like 550mm and even that is pushing it.  You do not want a ported cylinder, you want the opposite, a non ported.  Also barrel quality>bore diameter.  A good 6.05 will outperform a bad 6.01 all day, a brand I would recommend is KM, I believe it is a 6.02mm bore.  You cannot really swap out the nozzle on a KWA, but there is no reason as it gets amazing compression with the hopup unit as it is.  
You should look into these things for a "DMR" setup
1. Good TBB, probably a KM, id recommend 550mm at the most, but 455-550 pretty much perform the same, the shorter ones sometimes being even better (Ive seen 455 outrange 590s)
2. Heavier BBs, atleast .30s, I would recommend the KWA brand BBs
3. Better bucking, the stock 2gx bucking is good, but once you up the FPS or use heavier BBs it does not perform that well.  Good alternatives being the Lonex 70 and the G&G green in my experience, but most "hard" type buckings will perform decently with heavy BBs and high fps (Can look into flat hop and rhop or even the G-hop if you want, but I would not recommend these unless you are experienced with modifications and upgrading)
4. A non ported or "Type 0" cylinder.  I recommend guarder, systema area 1000 will work as well.
5. An O-ring swap, swapping to a Danco #14 Oring that is properly stretched will improve compression.
6. Shim/AOE correction, while not necessary it will improve your DMRs lifespan
7. High torque motor, also not completely necessary, but it will improve your trigger response (something DMR users generally like) and will be necessary if adding a heavier spring (though Ive heard of the stock KWA motor pulling an M150, upgrade motors will generally pull it much more efficiently)

There are so many DMR posts on this forum (and many others) that Im surprised there isn't just a big guide pinned on how to do so, because there is much more to a DMR than what people generally think, it really isnt just long tightbore barrel+heavy spring=DMR.

Edited by EzDeezer, 06 July 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#3 Øscar Rødriguez

Øscar Rødriguez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, airsoft, just that :D

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostEzDeezer, on 06 July 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Its been said many times before that barrel length=/= range and it is true, I would not go above like 550mm and even that is pushing it.  You do not want a ported cylinder, you want the opposite, a non ported.  Also barrel quality>bore diameter.  A good 6.05 will outperform a bad 6.01 all day, a brand I would recommend is KM, I believe it is a 6.02mm bore.  You cannot really swap out the nozzle on a KWA, but there is no reason as it gets amazing compression with the hopup unit as it is.  
You should look into these things for a "DMR" setup
1. Good TBB, probably a KM, id recommend 550mm at the most, but 455-550 pretty much perform the same, the shorter ones sometimes being even better (Ive seen 455 outrange 590s)
2. Heavier BBs, atleast .30s, I would recommend the KWA brand BBs
3. Better bucking, the stock 2gx bucking is good, but once you up the FPS or use heavier BBs it does not perform that well.  Good alternatives being the Lonex 70 and the G&G green in my experience, but most "hard" type buckings will perform decently with heavy BBs and high fps (Can look into flat hop and rhop or even the G-hop if you want, but I would not recommend these unless you are experienced with modifications and upgrading)
4. A non ported or "Type 0" cylinder.  I recommend guarder, systema area 1000 will work as well.
5. An O-ring swap, swapping to a Danco #14 Oring that is properly stretched will improve compression.
6. Shim/AOE correction, while not necessary it will improve your DMRs lifespan
7. High torque motor, also not completely necessary, but it will improve your trigger response (something DMR users generally like) and will be necessary if adding a heavier spring (though Ive heard of the stock KWA motor pulling an M150, upgrade motors will generally pull it much more efficiently)

There are so many DMR posts on this forum (and many others) that Im surprised there isn't just a big guide pinned on how to do so, because there is much more to a DMR than what people generally think, it really isnt just long tightbore barrel+heavy spring=DMR.

well what a nice beautiful description is that, much appreciate it mayte!! i think  i will just leave the motor like that, like you, ive also heard that KWA motors are good, especially because im not going that heavy, im planning on putting a systema M130. also, will all of those part be 100% compatible with the 2GX gearbox? i dont mind modification, im good at it, not expert, but good enough.

Edited by Øscar Rødriguez, 06 July 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#4 EzDeezer

EzDeezer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

All the parts I listed should work with the KWA gearbox, be a bit careful with barrels as some may be too tight, and certain buckings will need to be cut shorter to get the C-clip to fit on correctly.  Other than that, the guarder cylinder installed for me perfectly fine and any spring should really be compatible, shimming and AOE are things you can do to any gun.  You could add a mosfet as well, but only if you run an 11.1 is it really "necessary" as it will improve your guns life span, but from 7.4v to 9.6v a mosfet does not help out very much, but does not hurt to have either.  Obviously .30bbs will work in any gun, in fact if they are KWA brand they are already washed and since your rifle is also KWA, they may or may not feed just a tad bit better out of mags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users