7 replies to this topic

#1 Mariam

Mariam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hi Guys!
Greetings from Europe! First post here in a great forum you have! Looking for some advises and hope you can help!

I have ordered LM4 PTS to build an airsoft rifle to help in my training for IPSC rifle shooting I do.

My targets and setup in this build:
  • Precision in 25m range!!! Would like to achieve 1MOA at 25 meters (constant 0,3 inch group shots at 25 meters). But to stay with stock barrel length. No idea if GBB system can support that?
  • No FPS limit as this will be just for training.
  • Don't care of gas consumption and cooling as long as one refill can shoot 30BB's in fast semi auto.
  • Garage and garden use only. No sand, rain, knocks.
  • Would like to shoot Bio BB, but if more weight is needed, can manage plastic.
  • Reasonable reliability - when build is done would like it to work consistently.
  • Max 500USD budget for upgrade parts.
General questions:
  • What would be best BB weight and FPS combo for utmost precision till 25 meters. Is Heavier + Faster=better?
  • What is safe FPS limit to go in LP4 before damage or extensive wear starts?

Which upgrades exactly?
And where to buy them. Im not good in model crosscompatibility, so exact store links to parts are appreciated.

Here is what I have been thinking of:
  • Tightbore precision barrel. No idea which is the best and where to buy.
  • Hop up upgrade. I see good feedback on this one, but maybe there are better ones
    http://www.ebairsoft...tem-p-6917.html
  • Gas system upgrade for FPS increase? Is it as simple as spring strech, valve shave or kit like "kjw m4 npas" makes the trick?
  • Other parts, upgrades?
It came out quite long post at the end. Hope you guys can give me good advices.

Many thanks in advance :)!

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

Try it stock for a couple of months.  You may want to consider scaled targets.  I can hit 9" E-silhouettes at close to your desired range with my stock LM4.  Tight bore barrel is still in the shipping tube...

High power bolt group and 0.32gr BBs help as well.  I use Elite Force Milsim biodegradeable BBs (brown) to force use of the sights, not the tracer effect of white BBs.

-- Chuck

#3 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!

Anyways I have a couple of suggestions to get you going with the lm4. Go to youtube and check out Boobie4mh and Geckoactual channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/boobiem4h, http://www.youtube.c...ser/GeckoActual, They have videos of items that will need to be upgraded, and how to videos on modifications on some of these parts. These guys are on the forum too so they might be able to help you with problems if you encounter any along the road.

1st you will need to buy a new steel guarder firing pin, you can get it from ehobbyasia.com http://shop.ehobbyas...firing-pin.html, the stock firing pin tend to break, Gecko actual has a instructional video on how to mod, very simple.

2nd you will either need to do the bolt mod to your bolt release, or buy a new bolt release, from the kwa pro shop, from what i know, the new batch of lm4 already have the update bolt release. Anyhow a bolt mod is recommended, bobbiem4h and gecko actual has instruction videos on it.

3rd if you planning upgrade your recoil on your lm4, you can go ahead and buy a real steel a2 buffer tube, or a ra tech super recoil buffer set v3, but before you install it, it is recommend that you install a steel buffer detent, you can purchase it at blowback armory, http://www.blowbacka...a-kwa-lm4-8.htm The original one isn't steel. If you do purchase an real steel a2 buffer tube please go tobobbiem4h channel to see how he mod it.

In my opinion for bio bb you gotta get the good brands, ex bb bastard. Or else they leave a tons of crap in your inner barrel.

For the weight of bb, use 28 and up.

Pretty much that is my sum up of what you pretty much need.

Cheers
Ying :clap:

View PostMariam, on 04 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hi Guys!
Greetings from Europe! First post here in a great forum you have! Looking for some advises and hope you can help!

I have ordered LM4 PTS to build an airsoft rifle to help in my training for IPSC rifle shooting I do.

My targets and setup in this build:
  • Precision in 25m range!!! Would like to achieve 1MOA at 25 meters (constant 0,3 inch group shots at 25 meters). But to stay with stock barrel length. No idea if GBB system can support that?
  • No FPS limit as this will be just for training.
  • Don't care of gas consumption and cooling as long as one refill can shoot 30BB's in fast semi auto.
  • Garage and garden use only. No sand, rain, knocks.
  • Would like to shoot Bio BB, but if more weight is needed, can manage plastic.
  • Reasonable reliability - when build is done would like it to work consistently.
  • Max 500USD budget for upgrade parts.
General questions:
  • What would be best BB weight and FPS combo for utmost precision till 25 meters. Is Heavier + Faster=better?
  • What is safe FPS limit to go in LP4 before damage or extensive wear starts?
Which upgrades exactly?
And where to buy them. Im not good in model crosscompatibility, so exact store links to parts are appreciated.

Here is what I have been thinking of:
  • Tightbore precision barrel. No idea which is the best and where to buy.
  • Hop up upgrade. I see good feedback on this one, but maybe there are better ones
    http://www.ebairsoft...tem-p-6917.html
  • Gas system upgrade for FPS increase? Is it as simple as spring strech, valve shave or kit like "kjw m4 npas" makes the trick?
  • Other parts, upgrades?
It came out quite long post at the end. Hope you guys can give me good advices.

Many thanks in advance Posted Image!

Edited by mr.ying, 05 July 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#4 Mariam

Mariam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi Guys.
Thanks for great inputs!

Could you please help me with an exact store link for a Ra Tech 6.01 tight bore barrel? I see them around in different stores but not sure which exactly fits LM4.

Watched the videos and have to say those guys are experts :)!

I love a lot to work on my real steel guns and was suprised how close to that LM4 is.
As well I was suprised how much you need to work on LM4 to make it a decent and reliable one - fix a barrel, sand here, polish there. Change quite some parts.
Well - jobs are fun and easy with instructions available.

#5 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

i havent change my barrel yet but the kwa pro shop has an upgraded tight bore barrel, just a hint, i do not recommend ra tech products, reason behind them is they would say their items will fit but in the end it is way off n sometimes u wont have a machine to modify some of their parts. pretty much i would say ra tech is a hit or miss if ur lucky n u get a a product that would fit it is great, but when it doesnt not ur stuck with something u spent quite a bit of money on n is pretty much useless without a cnc kind of machine.

look fir madbull products and look at the sticky where people post what is compatible with the lm4

the lm4 is actually one of the least problematic gbbr if u never handed we tech n ra tech u havent experience annoying sh*t lol

cheers
ying

#6 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

You butchered my name mr ying. :P

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

#7 mr.ying

mr.ying

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

LOLLLLLLL my badddd!

View PostBoobieM4H, on 07 July 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

You butchered my name mr ying. :P

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

#8 JonathanNCP

JonathanNCP

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

I would echo trying it stock first. If a part breaks, you can replace it then, but it may be months/years before you do so. Nothing has broken in mine that wasnt my own fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users