Welcome to the forum!!!
Anyways I have a couple of suggestions to get you going with the lm4. Go to youtube and check out Boobie4mh and Geckoactual channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/boobiem4h
, They have videos of items that will need to be upgraded, and how to videos on modifications on some of these parts. These guys are on the forum too so they might be able to help you with problems if you encounter any along the road.
1st you will need to buy a new steel guarder firing pin, you can get it from ehobbyasia.com http://shop.ehobbyas...firing-pin.html
, the stock firing pin tend to break, Gecko actual has a instructional video on how to mod, very simple.
2nd you will either need to do the bolt mod to your bolt release, or buy a new bolt release, from the kwa pro shop, from what i know, the new batch of lm4 already have the update bolt release. Anyhow a bolt mod is recommended, bobbiem4h and gecko actual has instruction videos on it.
3rd if you planning upgrade your recoil on your lm4, you can go ahead and buy a real steel a2 buffer tube, or a ra tech super recoil buffer set v3, but before you install it, it is recommend that you install a steel buffer detent, you can purchase it at blowback armory, http://www.blowbacka...a-kwa-lm4-8.htm
The original one isn't steel. If you do purchase an real steel a2 buffer tube please go tobobbiem4h channel to see how he mod it.
In my opinion for bio bb you gotta get the good brands, ex bb bastard. Or else they leave a tons of crap in your inner barrel.
For the weight of bb, use 28 and up.
Pretty much that is my sum up of what you pretty much need.
Mariam, on 04 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:
Greetings from Europe! First post here in a great forum you have! Looking for some advises and hope you can help!
I have ordered LM4 PTS to build an airsoft rifle to help in my training for IPSC rifle shooting I do.
My targets and setup in this build:
- Precision in 25m range!!! Would like to achieve 1MOA at 25 meters (constant 0,3 inch group shots at 25 meters). But to stay with stock barrel length. No idea if GBB system can support that?
- No FPS limit as this will be just for training.
- Don't care of gas consumption and cooling as long as one refill can shoot 30BB's in fast semi auto.
- Garage and garden use only. No sand, rain, knocks.
- Would like to shoot Bio BB, but if more weight is needed, can manage plastic.
- Reasonable reliability - when build is done would like it to work consistently.
- Max 500USD budget for upgrade parts.
Which upgrades exactly?
- What would be best BB weight and FPS combo for utmost precision till 25 meters. Is Heavier + Faster=better?
- What is safe FPS limit to go in LP4 before damage or extensive wear starts?
And where to buy them. Im not good in model crosscompatibility, so exact store links to parts are appreciated.
Here is what I have been thinking of:
- Tightbore precision barrel. No idea which is the best and where to buy.
- Hop up upgrade. I see good feedback on this one, but maybe there are better ones
- Gas system upgrade for FPS increase? Is it as simple as spring strech, valve shave or kit like "kjw m4 npas" makes the trick?
- Other parts, upgrades?
It came out quite long post at the end. Hope you guys can give me good advices.
Many thanks in advance
Edited by mr.ying, 05 July 2013 - 09:43 PM.