4 replies to this topic

#1 CantankerousClay

CantankerousClay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, and MERICA!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

So I am starting Airsoft. I got a couple of buddys into it and Im wanting to start. They both run KWA. I know KWA is the best in the Airsoft World so why not get one! Anyway Im looking at the KWA Km4 Sr7 for the CQB style but also being able to handle Field. I was wondering what battery and charger to use? Also What brand and gram BBs to use? Thank You and God Bless. Picture Below is my buddy KWA. He is turning it into a DMR.

Attached Files

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hey Clay

Welcome to the KWA forums.
The battery I would recommend would be an 11.1v lipo 15C-20C 1400-1600mah.  You will want to get a smart charger like the Thunder AC 6 or something similar in order to properly maintain and charge your batteries.
BB weight would be a personal choice but for CQB 0.20 to 0.25g would do and for field I would suggest 0.25-0.30g if your gun is shooting close to 400fps.

#3 CantankerousClay

CantankerousClay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Im under a 400 dollar budget and the gun is 300. So Is this all under 100? Thank You and God Bless!

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

The short barrel KM4 will shoot "CQB" muzzle velocities after break-in and cleaning.  Just under 350fps for mine.  I've tried a variety of batteries and they're all roughly the same.  Higher voltage increases the cyclic rate.  Higher mAh rating increases battery life.

Longer "field" shots will take some experimentation on your part as to which BBs will carry the range.  Heavier BBs have more momentum and tend to shoot longer ranges.

You're going to be right about $400 for the base gun, battery(ies), charger, and BBs.  None of the mods shown in your photo will fit in that price point.  Nor are any truly necessary.

Starting with a longer barrel out of the box will get you a muzzle velocity too hot for many (most?) indoor or CQB venues.  But it's summer and indoors is usually a cold weather event.

-- Chuck

#5 CantankerousClay

CantankerousClay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Thanks! The photo is my buddy's. The only think I like on his Sr7 is his suppressor. The closest CQB we have is Cool Combat. Which I have never been but its over 3 hours away. Im wanting to get it for field use but If I go to a CQB I can take the Sr7. Thank You Guys again and God Bless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users