• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LcsFletcher

LcsFletcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hello, im getting a new pistol pretty soon and im torn between the Hk45 and the M9 Ptp. Im leaning towards the Ptp because its a full metal design no plastic which im a metal only player because of durability but it doesnt have the rails or quite the look im going for. Now the real problem is, is that from the looks of it the Hk45 looks to be plastic for the lower half and metal for the top? If so has anybody had any problems with it, like cracking or just easy wear down? Lastly which one is possibly the most accurate? Thanks in advance guys!

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

The real HK45 has a polymer frame so I expect the KWA version does as well.  Likewise metal and metal on the M9-PTP.

My M9 PTP has been accurate, but I don't have the HK45 airsoft.

-- Chuck

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostChuck S, on 24 June 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

The real HK45 has a polymer frame so I expect the KWA version does as well.  Likewise metal and metal on the M9-PTP.

My M9 PTP has been accurate, but I don't have the HK45 airsoft.

-- Chuck
Close call and two very different guns.  The M9 PTP is KWA's most refined design, period.  It is a solid performer and is very reliable.  The HK45 has the updated hop-up and, IMO, is more accurate.  Each feels very different in your hand. This is what I would use to determine the GBB of choice if I were you.  Hold the guns and decide.

#4 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

I have the hk45 and it is a great pistol.  I did have an issue right out of the box with jamming but Kwa fixed it under warranty. It took 4 weeks but it got fixed.   The other day during cleaning/maintenance I noticed the feed ramp was broken and was missing 1/2 of the ramp.  Quick call to kwa parts and 10 bucks later and 3 business days later, all is good.  I realize these take a lot of abuse so things break.  Me personally I don't like the m9 style.  Good luck on your decision.

Edited by Icurblud, 24 June 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

GCW is right. The M9 PTP (and other variations of the M9) have been made by KWA for many years, making it one of the most refined pistols out there. Both have parts which are made from high quality plastics, such as the HK45's lower frame, and the M9's barrel. While I find no wrong with the HK45 (and haven't shot it extensively), I've had the M9 for over two years, and think the M9 PTP is a tac-driver: extremely accurate and very well made. If you need a tactical rail, buy the M9 PTP Tactical, and that comes with a rail.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recommendation, help, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users