send gearbox in to get fixed or buy a new one?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, shooting airsoft and real steel, shooting blue jays, knives, and mountain biking

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

now my gun isn't working right and I wanted your opinion on what I should do. sending it in and getting it fixed will be cheaper but if I buy I new one I have a back up just in case I need it and I can get it rewired, so give me your opinion on what I should do.

Edited by Ethan, 16 June 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#2 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

I would go with cheaper. Fixing it yourself would be the cheapest option. Do you know what's wrong with it?  Most common issue with Airsoft AEGs is stripped piston. Kwa gears don't require shimming. There may be one shim. It's not really easy the first time, but you can probably fix it yourself. Watch some you tube videos and see what you think you can do it. Worse case scenario, you can send your gun to Kwa in pieces.

Edited by Dirt Bag, 16 June 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostEthan, on 15 June 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

now my gun isn't working right and I wanted your opinion on what I should do. sending it and getting it fixed will be cheaper but if I buy I new one I have a back just in case I need it and I can get it rewired, so give me opinion on what I should.
By not working right what exactly do you mean?

#4 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, shooting airsoft and real steel, shooting blue jays, knives, and mountain biking

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

well the motor isn't getting enough power to it like the wire has broke and it did break before because of my carelessness. so I do like the cheaper option so what is the wire gauge and is it easy or hard to do the repair?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostEthan, on 16 June 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

well the motor isn't getting enough power to it like the wire has broke and it did break before because of my carelessness. so I do like the cheaper option so what is the wire gauge and is it easy or hard to do the repair?
Easy or hard is relative.  What's easy for some may be impossible for others and without know exactly the poroble it difficult to say more.  The Wire is 16ga vinyl coated.  Hope this helps.

#6 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

yeah I might go with sending it in and it will be cheaper, thanks again guys.

#7 Ethan

Ethan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

oh, I forgot to ask what type of terminal connector that goes into the fuse box and what size I need.

Edited by Ethan, 16 June 2013 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users